Source: Cano, A-Rod, Braun, Granderson to be suspended - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Source: Cano, A-Rod, Braun, Granderson to be suspended

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Source: Cano, A-Rod, Braun, Granderson to be suspended

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 am

Skin Blues wrote:He didn't "corroborate Braun", he said that he never talked to him, or to ANY ballplayer. So either the entire scandal is made up and he didn't sell PEDs to anyone, or that sentence is a lie.

Actually he did, he said he answered questions from his legal team which is exactly what Braun said. I don't believe him either, but it is just funny that ESPN ignores the pro Braun part of this and sticks it in the bottom of the article. I gaurentee you if he said I sold Braun PEDs it would be plastered all over ESPN regardless of whether they believe him or not but because he said basically "Braun is telling the truth" they bury it. They handled the entire failed test the same way. ESPN reports with an agenda, they always have.

Just to be clear I don't think this helps or hurts Braun's case for innocence at all. That isn't the point. This is about how ESPN chooses to report this story, at every turn they have taken the most anti Braun slant they could. I'm pretty sure it is because they attacked him pretty hardcore when the failed test news came out and then when he didn't get suspended it made them look bad. They also have a pretty anti player slant in general when it comes to steroids assuming people are guilty with even a sniff of an accusation. Again if Bosch had said anything about selling PEDs to a player it would be plastered all over the place but since this is pro player it is ignored. Neither admission would have been anymore truthful than the other.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KULCAT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 pm

wrveres wrote:
KULCAT wrote:I remember about 7-8 years ago there was a guy in these boards defending Barry Bonds. He'd post links to articles in the 90´s proving that Barry was "working out harder than ever" and the he was trying a "new approach to strengh training" even though Barry weighted about 40 pounds more than in 1997 and everything made perfect sense to him. He was absolutely convinced that in time all of the public perception wouldturn and people and the media would be proven wrong. Im sure he is still around and he is watching this debate and saying to himself "thats how i looked back in the day"

Id be honored to know my posts were as clear and concise as Enders..

and btw, that's what happens when you work out. you gain muscle, and you get heavier...

have a nice day. :-)

You gain 10 pounds of muscle. 20 if you train like you dont have anything else to do. NOBODY gains 40 pounds "working out"
Its actually uncanny that you could defend this position after everything that happened. I suppose its cool to be proven completely wrong and act just like nothing happened
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KULCAT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:55 pm

wrveres wrote:
KULCAT wrote:
Ender wrote:
I don't expect to change anyone's opinion on the internet, I'm painfully aware that 90% of the population blindly believes anything they hear on the news and ESPN and MLB network are tilting the story heavily in one direction but I at least have to show that my opinion is based on something logical.

Yeah the Bonds guy was just as condescending as you are. His argument basically the same. Media is for you the sheep, even though your main argument comes from info that was also published on ESPN and Yahoo.
For a guy who is guilt free Braun sure gets connected to PED scandals. Im sure someone in Biogenesis made a mistake and was probably writing a paper on steroids and Eva Braun

so you've made 2 posts in the last year, and you logged on to personally attack somebody having a peaceful debate.

I take back that "have a nice day" slip of mine.

Do you even remember what you told people that contradicted you back then? Words have a price too mate.
And I am having a nice day. Ender, not so much
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby KULCAT » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:57 pm

So ender, i guess us sheep got lucky this time
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Back-to-back-to-back posts demanding answers in a thread that nobody's read or posted in in three months. My guess is those you're speaking to left this thread in April and haven't thought about it since. Its unfortunate you can't seem to say the same. Good luck getting those answers, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby jorgesca » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:22 pm

I wasn't part of the conversation you are referring to, but it is not uncanny to gain 40 lb while working out. It might be hard to gain them all of muscle. When training it's your life and eating your way to accomplish you training, I don't think it's impossible. It's all related to the amount of time it was accomplished in. Hell, Trout just gained 20 lbs and he's still a kid. Tony Gwyn must have gained over 60 lbs in his entire carrer. I'm not saying Bonds didn't do PEDs, but weight gain =/ PEDs.
jorgesca
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers