Rate my Dynasty League Team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Dynasty League Team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my Dynasty League Team WHIR

Postby rmessne » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:14 pm

So this is my first team that wasn't from a re-draft league. It's a Head to Head points league, (for pitchers it's 3pts per IP, -1 Hits, -1 ER, 7 for wins)... Blah Blah Blah, you know the deal. Anyway ALL players are kept year to year and it's an 8 team league.

My Team:
C: Victor Martinez
1B: Mark Teixiera/David Ortiz (Will be using interchangeably. Whoever is hot/better match ups.. etc.)
2B: Jason Kipnis
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Jason Heyward :-D
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Justin Upton
Util: Carlos Gonzalez

Bench: Eric Hosmer, Jurickson Profar, Manny Machado, (David Ortiz)

SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Madison Bumgarner
SP: Matt Moore
SP: Jordan Zimmermann
SP: Yovani Gallardo
RP: Jonathan Papelbon
RP: JJ Putz

Bench: CJ Wilson, Dylan Bundy, Josh Johnson, Mike Minor, Brett Anderson

I am pretty close to a deal with another owner where I give CJ Wilson and Jonathan Papelbon and I get Aroldis Chapman. Who should I pick up with my open spot if I make this trade?

It seemed like people were disregarding prospects a bit, so there are some notable ones out there: Travis D'Arnaud, Oscar Taveras, Zach Wheeler, Gerrit Cole, Taijuan Walker, Jose Fernandez as well as Sal Perez. I also have the question if you think I will be contending this year. I tried picking people who are good now but are still young. Can I contend this year, or will I be waiting a few years?

Lastly and most importantly, what moves would I make right now to improve my roster? :-?
Keeper League Outfield: Justin Upton, Carlos Gonzalez, Mike Trout, Jason Heyward
rmessne
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my Dynasty League Team WHIR

Postby skjelstrom » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:22 am

I understand this is an 8-team league but that lineup is sick! Especially keeping Trout, Heyward, Upton, Gonzalez, and Castro. That just doesn't get any better. Not to mention Longoria is the top notch 3B. Obviously you should realize where your lineup is weaker: 1B, 2B, C. But only "weaker" still not weak by any stretch.

I am a fan of Sal Perez as a backup to Martinez though if possible and I also think Ortiz isn't worth much in an 8-team. Make that swap if you want.

If you go through with that deal you will be giving away a top-notch closer so pick up the best FA closer you can. That's making the assumption that Chapman remains starting for the whole season.

I think you can contend this year, and in the years to come with your incredible lineup and young starters Bumgarner, Moore, and Zimmerman.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby rmessne » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

skjelstrom wrote:I am a fan of Sal Perez as a backup to Martinez though if possible

Somebody dropped Miguel Montero, would you recommend picking up Montero or Perez?
Keeper League Outfield: Justin Upton, Carlos Gonzalez, Mike Trout, Jason Heyward
rmessne
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 am

rmessne wrote:
skjelstrom wrote:I am a fan of Sal Perez as a backup to Martinez though if possible

Somebody dropped Miguel Montero, would you recommend picking up Montero or Perez?

I'd take Perez.

Also, are you sure Ortiz is 1B eligible? I've done Yahoo! and ESPN drafts that have him only as a DH, which means he's going to ride your bench if that's the case.
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby rmessne » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 pm

lambo1203 wrote: Also, are you sure Ortiz is 1B eligible? I've done Yahoo! and ESPN drafts that have him only as a DH, which means he's going to ride your bench if that's the case.

He was listed as 1B, but now that some time has passed, what should I do? Teixiera (out 8-10 weeks) I now dropped for Perez, and Ortiz likely won't be ready for opening day. Mike Napoli, LaRoche, Swisher and Dunn are all listed as 1B and are on the FA list.

By the way there is one dumb*** owner that doesn't pay much attention that has FIVE first basemen on their roster, including Paul Goldschmidt, Allen Craig and Ike Davis all sitting on the bench (Billy Butler at U and Pujols starting). Should I try and get one from him?
rmessne
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I would have just put Tex on DL...I don't know if dropping him was wise. Also, you don't need to pick up a 1B, you have Hosmer
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team