SPs: 5 avoid, 5 target - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

SPs: 5 avoid, 5 target

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: SPs: 5 avoid, 5 target

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Izenhart wrote:I see their stats at the beginning of their career being very similar, but I see two different pitchers with my eyes. Sometimes the scout in me pushes away the Billy Beane. Kershaw has filthy stuff and can get good hitters to chase bad pitches. Moore doesn't posses this yet. If he worked on improving his control just a little and making better pitch selection then yes I see the potential. I just don't think it will be this year and the AL East even with a hobbled YankSox is still offensively inclined.

I remember watching Kershaw early in his career and thinking the same thing. I recall one game against the Mets where he walked the ballpark and couldn't get anybody out.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Moore has absolutely filthy stuff. Once he learns how to pitch a bit better, he'll be fine and shouldn't be far off from what David Price does.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby timgair » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 pm

mzu wrote:Max and Homer should be great buys this year. Madbum will be overlooked with his bad postseason so he should be a good buy. Darvish and Parker are also interesting with all those Astro matchups now.

I was thinking the same thing about the Astros matchups. A lot of people are over looking that aspect. Not to ruin the thread, but I wonder if that will work well for guys like Pujols & Hamilton now that they get to face Astros pitching so much this year.
timgair
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Padsin05 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 am

timgair wrote:
mzu wrote:Max and Homer should be great buys this year. Madbum will be overlooked with his bad postseason so he should be a good buy. Darvish and Parker are also interesting with all those Astro matchups now.

I was thinking the same thing about the Astros matchups. A lot of people are over looking that aspect. Not to ruin the thread, but I wonder if that will work well for guys like Pujols & Hamilton now that they get to face Astros pitching so much this year.

dont base picks on the possiblity of facing 1 team, especially as a pitcher, it could be as little as 1-2 starts, maybe 3-4 tops, not really all that big of a factor.
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers