Players With Wide-Ranging ADPs: Where Are They Being Drafted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Players With Wide-Ranging ADPs: Where Are They Being Drafted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Players With Wide-Ranging ADPs: Where Are They Being Drafted

Postby mm92280 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:54 pm

As there is every year, there are some guys that are very difficult to predict their draft position, as their ADP can vary widely from site-to-site. I've viewed a number of websites and guides to try to get a feel for where certain players are going in drafts (their ADP) but it is very difficult to get a feel for when to expect them to leave the board. So, I wanted to get some thoughts from guys who had already drafted. Can you tell me when these players came off the board in your league? Also, if you would, please give your draft date (since when you draft can impact that, as player values can fluctuate during the spring) and if it is a keeper league or not.

Here are the players:

Doug Fister - I've seen him going as high as 113 overall (ESPN) and 129 overall (Yahoo) to as low as 233 overall (Rotoworld's ranking). He's a guy I like as a value starter after the big names come off the board but he likely isn't a big value if he is going in the top 110 or 120 players.

Leonys Martin - I've seen him listed at 227 (CBS), 264 (Yahoo) and Rotoworld didn't have him ranked at all (which means somewhere outside of the top 250). He's a player that I think is climbing up the draft boards, so I think the listings here are a bit outdated. I am just not sure how much he's climbed in the past couple of weeks.

Shane Victorino - I've seen him listed at 127 (Yahoo), 116 (ESPN) and Rotoworld had him ranked as low as 240. I tend to think the Rotoworld ranking is a fluke that won't reflect where he is getting drafted but, if he gets drafted after 200, then I have to think he would be a bargain.

Jeremy Hellickson - I've seen him listed at 199 (Yahoo), 168 (ESPN) and 145 (Rotoworld). He's another pitcher that I really like after the top-tier guys come off the board. I think he's a bargain if he can be had after 160 or so.

Lance Berkman - I've seen him listed anywhere from 130 (Rotoworld), to 229 (Yahoo) and 211 (ESPN). He's a big-time risk due to the injury potential and the chances of him playing more than 140 games aren't good but he would seem to be worth the potential risk at 200 or higher, as he should hit when he plays (and, of course, people are hoping he stays reasonably healthy at DH).

Starling Marte - Rotoworld has him at 172 but he is at 256 in Yahoo leagues and 227 in ESPN leagues. Rotoworld obviously think he could be a pretty decent source of stats, if you can stomach a mediocre average (he probably will hit .250 - .265).

I just wanted to get a feel for where these guys are going. I've been using Fantasy Pros (http://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/of.php) to help me with ADP, so I can be prepared and know when to expect certain guys to come off the board but there are always suprises. So, I figured I would ask here to get a sense when these guys are getting selected in your drafts. Thanks!
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Players With Wide-Ranging ADPs: Where Are They Being Dra

Postby Davesworld23 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:18 am

Look at the experts drafting their teams for this season. Not the ones doing the mock drafts because honestly those don't count the same. The intention is there sometimes. Also go to kff.com u can input your league settings and give u a better feel for where players should go in ur draft
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby murph3699 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 am

I thinks its www.kffl.com

That link was to a church or school
murph3699
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Davesworld23 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:10 am

My apologies, I misspelled it bit u got it. Hope it helps. A lot of time ADPs change based on value for a person in certain leagues or someone is more a fan than anything else which happened all to often. Goodluck
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby murph3699 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am

No worries, I was interested in your post so I wanted to check out the site and I was like "what's this guy REALLY trying to push?" :-D
murph3699
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Davesworld23 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I just checked out kff and I now understand what u where saying. Oops is the understatement
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:29 pm

We only had 176 players drafted in the 1st year of an 8-team keeper league, but here's what we had...

Fister: 109
Victorino: 122
The rest: not drafted (although I'm slightly surprised Berkman and Hellickson weren't)
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions