Just Finished 1st Keeper Draft- How'd I Do? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just Finished 1st Keeper Draft- How'd I Do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just Finished 1st Keeper Draft- How'd I Do? WHIR

Postby chillbro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 am

9 team H2H league, 40 man rosters w/ 25 keepers. Dont know how i feel about Tulo for my first pick.... I also forgot to use the minor league rankings. anyways how bad do you guys think it is? Looking for strengths/weaknesses. Ill rate yours if you post topic link.

8 Troy Tulowitzki, Col SS
11 Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
26 Jose Reyes, Tor SS
29 Ian Kinsler, Tex 2B
44 Zack Greinke, LAD SP
47 Adrian Gonzalez, LAD 1B
62 Jordan Zimmermann, Wsh SP
65 CC Sabathia, NYY SP
80 Johnny Cueto, Cin SP
83 Desmond Jennings, TB OF
98 Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP
101 Curtis Granderson, NYY OF
116 Anthony Rizzo, ChC 1B
119 David Freese, StL 3B
134 Brandon Morrow, Tor SP
137 Nelson Cruz, Tex OF
152 Mike Napoli, Bos C
155 Michael Morse, Sea OF
170 Addison Reed, CWS RP
173 Greg Holland, KC RP
188 Derek Holland, Tex SP
191 Carl Crawford, LAD OF
206 Jarrod Parker, Oak SP
209 Kyle Seager, Sea 3B
224 Jayson Werth, Wsh OF
227 Wade Miley, Ari SP
242 Daniel Murphy, NYM 2B
245 J.P. Arencibia, Tor C
260 Jeff Keppinger, CWS 3B
263 Josh Rutledge, Col SS
278 Steve Cishek, Mia RP
281 Casey Janssen, Tor RP
296 Dee Gordon, LAD SS
299 Kelly Johnson, TB 2B
314 Ross Detwiler, Wsh SP
317 Mike Olt, Tex 1B
332 Jorge Soler, ChC OF
335 Julio Teheran, Atl SP
350 George Springer, Hou OF
353 Brandon Beachy, Atl SP
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just Finished 1st Keeper Draft- How'd I Do? WHIR

Postby lambo1203 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 am

Two things jump out to me: a lack of power and an excess of pitching. I'm not high on CC this year and would love to see you send him away to get a 30+ HR hitter. Your staff should help you stay in a lot of match-ups. I don't hate Tulo at 8, especially with Reyes there if something happens to him. Harper's a nice grab in round two as he should be a keeper for years. You've got a decent amount of young players, especially early, and I think that translates into a solid start to a team for years to come. You're not gonna blow teams out of the water, but you'll definitely be competitive
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby chillbro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:01 am

@Lambo alright fair analysis... Think your right about CC, just picked him up because he was left pretty late on.

Also: Unrelated but looking for funny a team name; maybe something w/ harper incorporated... haha the stuff im coming up with has been pretty terrible
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:10 am

lambo1203 wrote:Two things jump out to me: a lack of power and an excess of pitching. I'm not high on CC this year and would love to see you send him away to get a 30+ HR hitter. Your staff should help you stay in a lot of match-ups. I don't hate Tulo at 8, especially with Reyes there if something happens to him. Harper's a nice grab in round two as he should be a keeper for years. You've got a decent amount of young players, especially early, and I think that translates into a solid start to a team for years to come. You're not gonna blow teams out of the water, but you'll definitely be competitive

I pretty much agree with this. The only thing is, I think Harper might have been a bit of a reach at #11. I think you might have still seen him at #26 (50-50, depending if there was another guy uber high on him) but I can see you reaching a bit if you really liked him as a long-term keeper.

I think four pitchers in rds 5-9 is a pretty strong commitment to pitching and agree that you might be able to get some hitting value for that if you can find a guy light in SPs.

I'm curious though, was this an ESPN draft?

A pretty good draft with room to grow.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby chillbro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 am

fsbarren wrote:
lambo1203 wrote:Two things jump out to me: a lack of power and an excess of pitching. I'm not high on CC this year and would love to see you send him away to get a 30+ HR hitter. Your staff should help you stay in a lot of match-ups. I don't hate Tulo at 8, especially with Reyes there if something happens to him. Harper's a nice grab in round two as he should be a keeper for years. You've got a decent amount of young players, especially early, and I think that translates into a solid start to a team for years to come. You're not gonna blow teams out of the water, but you'll definitely be competitive

I pretty much agree with this. The only thing is, I think Harper might have been a bit of a reach at #11. I think you might have still seen him at #26 (50-50, depending if there was another guy uber high on him) but I can see you reaching a bit if you really liked him as a long-term keeper.

I think four pitchers in rds 5-9 is a pretty strong commitment to pitching and agree that you might be able to get some hitting value for that if you can find a guy light in SPs.

I'm curious though, was this an ESPN draft?

A pretty good draft with room to grow.

Yep, Espn dynasty. And as for harper, I like him as a keeper and lots of guys in my league (myself included) are nats fans
What kind of trade would you suggest in terms of SP's for hitters?
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:14 am

chillbro wrote:@Lambo alright fair analysis... Think your right about CC, just picked him up because he was left pretty late on.

Also: Unrelated but looking for funny a team name; maybe something w/ harper incorporated... haha the stuff im coming up with has been pretty terrible

Harper Valley PTA (I just saw a reference to the song/movie/TV show a few weeks ago)
Harper's BAZAAR Team
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chillbro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 am

fsbarren wrote:
chillbro wrote:@Lambo alright fair analysis... Think your right about CC, just picked him up because he was left pretty late on.

Harper Valley PTA (I just saw a reference to the song/movie/TV show a few weeks ago)
Harper's BAZAAR Team

haha just decided on bryce cream sandwich, thanks though
chillbro
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 am

chillbro wrote:
fsbarren wrote:

Harper's BAZAAR Team

I like yours better than my first two, but how about The Bryce is Right!

Something about an exciting player like Bryce and Cream in the name just doesn't feel right at the subconscious level. :-X
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 am

chillbro wrote:
fsbarren wrote:

Harper's BAZAAR Team

Sorry, last one:

"Not Worryin' About the Bryce Tag"

All things considered...man, I have to draft Bryce this season, lol.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team