Markakis? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Markakis?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Markakis?

Postby Malton » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

How do you rate Markakis.

I have Hunter Pence, Torii Hunter and Brett Gardner, should I make a deal for Markakis?
Malton
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Markakis?

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

Depends what you'd have to give up to get him. I wouldn't give up Pence for him, would consider Gardner if I had other SB options and probably Hunter (though I like him in the Detroit lineup this season). I'd try to get him and have four solid OFs.

Markakis has been remarkably solid and missed minimal time until last year. While he won't win you the championship, I think he's one of those underlying players that keeps your team steady across a number of stats while your stars do their thing.

I wouldn't overpay for him, but if you can trade for him relatively cheaply I would definitely do it.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby lambo1203 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 am

fsbarren wrote:Markakis has been remarkably solid and missed minimal time until last year. While he won't win you the championship, I think he's one of those underlying players that keeps your team steady across a number of stats while your stars do their thing.

I completely agree. He fills in great as a player who helps with average, runs, RBIs and give you a SB and HR every now and then. He's always been underrated to me, and I think you could easily get him as part of a deal from an owner who thinks he's just "throwing him away." I think he'd be the most valuable of your 4 OF, but certainly not the best stats. If you had to put him in with your OF (depending on how you stand in other categories) I'd say Pence/Hunter, Markakis, Gardner. Get him if you can

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=455391
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 am

lambo1203 wrote:
fsbarren wrote:Markakis has been remarkably solid and missed minimal time until last year. While he won't win you the championship, I think he's one of those underlying players that keeps your team steady across a number of stats while your stars do their thing.

I completely agree. He fills in great as a player who helps with average, runs, RBIs and give you a SB and HR every now and then. He's always been underrated to me, and I think you could easily get him as part of a deal from an owner who thinks he's just "throwing him away." I think he'd be the most valuable of your 4 OF, but certainly not the best stats. If you had to put him in with your OF (depending on how you stand in other categories) I'd say Pence/Hunter, Markakis, Gardner. Get him if you can

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=455391

I love the "secondary/throw-in guy" approach with trades. It's usually the throw-in guys that make good trades great trades, or even worse, steals!

Markakis is kind of all over the place in the rankings so far. He's ranked in the low 100's on CBS Sports but in the low 200's on ESPN and in the mid 150's on RotoWire. If you've got an owner who isn't as high on him and can throw him in as part of a larger trade (maybe a medium-size one so the Markakis pickup is even more valuable) even better.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team