What's an Auction format? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

What's an Auction format?

What's an Auction format?

Postby Chaos151p » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:11 pm

My 12-team CBS roto league is switching to full auction this year. I'm not sure what the format is for CBS? if there is one? or some leagues use their own auction rules even

I know the standard is every team has $260 to spend and we have 25 players on each roster (6 of which are bench)

$1 is the lowest bid, but do you have to buy 25 guys? can you spend all $260 on your 19 starters (then waiver wire the 6 bench spots)

If you need to spend $260 on 25 guys, that means each team has to alot at least $1 for each roster spot - so if we're in round 20, and have 6 spots left... you must have $6 left correct?

What if your in round 17... and have $25 left, your max bid for your 17th player can only be $17... since you need to save $1 each for the last 8 players, you can't spend $18 on him and leave yourself with $7 for 8 spots correct?

Does CBS control all of this? I've never seen the auction draft room
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's an Auction format?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:19 pm

All of this is correct. You must buy 25 players and therefore must always have the cash to spend at least $1 on each roster spot. I've never done one on cbs but I'm sure the software takes care of it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Chaos151p » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:22 pm

What's the nomination clock and bidding clock amount? The draft is in-person but they use the CBS site for the clock and draft room, I'd like to have some insight to help speed to process along
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Chaos151p wrote:What's the nomination clock and bidding clock amount? The draft is in-person but they use the CBS site for the clock and draft room, I'd like to have some insight to help speed to process along

Those are customizable and will vary from league to league. Usually around 20 sec for noms and 1 minute for bidding with the clock usually resetting to 15 seconds after last second bids. You should ask your commission about league specific times though.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Return to Beginner's Forum