Trading Billy Hamilton away - what's his value??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading Billy Hamilton away - what's his value???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trading Billy Hamilton away - what's his value???

Postby pvhawkeye » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

He definitely favors the established talents over prospects - as do I , but I believe there's a pretty good floor for Hamilton. I would guess at worst he turns out like Bonifacio as someone said in another thread.. he'd still get you plenty of SB and a healthy portion of runs and hits. But his ceiling is as high as Coleman as others have said as well. The more I talk and think of trading B Hamilton, the more I want to keep him. At the very least, I can try trading him to someone that overvalues prospects more than they should.
pvhawkeye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Billy Hamilton away - what's his value???

Postby fsbarren » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 am

MadDog36 wrote:Hawk is he playing with the idea that proven talent Holliday (is worth more than a prospect no matter the upside)...he does have a point, but this deal still doesn't really benefit you.

Like I said you could use a 1b to at least give you a fallback option if either or Davis fall off completely. See if you can pry Tex away from him on the cheap.

If you think Tex is a reasonable guy to get in return, I'd start with a bold offer for a Cain type SP and then "come down" to Tex and ask him to meet you half way.

Otherwise, I agree with the others to let him make the first move, but I'd still counter with someone better than Tex and negotiate down. I like the Machado/Hamilton straight up deal as well.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions