What an amazing team this is - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What an amazing team this is

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What an amazing team this is

Postby KrayzieGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 pm

standard 5x5 format. 12 teams, yahoo, h2h and auction draft. something went wrong in this draft. some of the prices of these guys are unbelievable.

C V Martinez $10
1b E Encarnacion $24
2b N Walker $4
3b D Wright $30
SS J Reyes $26
OF A Rios $16
OF BJ Upton $16
OF D Jennings $11
UT C Santana $6
UT B Lawrie $16

BN T Frazier $6
BN N Aoki $8

SP B Morrow $13
SP D Fister $8
RP R Betancourt $5
RP H Street $8
P M Garza $7
P H Kuroda $7
P J Parker $6

BN M Minor $5
BN J Grilli $3
BN H Bailey $16

the hitting on this team is pretty unbelievable. when you see their stats from last year, aside from v mart and santana, its power and speed up and down the board. thats what i aim for and thats what i got. the other two, v mart and santana i got for a combined $16. those guy go for that much alone. seriously caught the room sleeping. i have aoki on the bench and in drafts where i go for a top 20 or 30 guy, he is in the starting lineup. not spending over $40 on one person has its perks.

the pitching may not seem all that sexy. but morrow can be an ace, i watch every game of his, last year he finally put it all together, now lets just stay healthy. kuroda garza and fister, you know what your gonna get, and its good. parker has a lot of upside. minor and bailey on the bench is solid. you can always, always find pitching in season too. the reason you see 16 on bailey is because i just spend it all on my last pick of the draft, he coulda been $1.

overall this team will be in contention all season long. i like the offense in the sense that im not counting on 1 guy. if someone is stealing bases one week, someone else can provide the power. im excited about this
KrayzieGhost
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What an amazing team this is

Postby ayebatter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't know I think you shouldn't have left the auction with money on the table, without sitting down and counting up the numbers (for this year) it looks like you'll be short on at least homers and rbi by quite a bit.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1605)

Postby KrayzieGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:42 pm

for rbi, rios wright encarnacion and lawrie all hit in the middle of the order. this is an h2h league, so i just need perfomance on a consistent basis, not season end totals
KrayzieGhost
T-Ball Trainer

Postby ayebatter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:02 pm

It all comes out in the wash weather roto or h2h if you use last yrs numbers like you pointed out here's what you got from the 4 (Edwin/Rios/Wright/Lawrie) week to week average in 2012:

April
hr-3
rbi-14
May
hr-4
rbi-15
June
hr-5
rbi-15
July
hr-5
rbi-16
August - Lawrie only had 10 at bats
hr-3
rbi-10
Sept

hr-6
rbi-13

Like I said you're at least light on homers & rbi.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1605)

Postby lambo1203 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm

I hate to be a downer but this is not an impressive 12-team league IMO. As was already pointed out, you're already going to struggle in HR/RBI. You'll easily compete in SB/R but you're probably not as strong on average as you think. I don't see Upton and Jennings being strong average guys and I don't really trust Santana and Lawrie to help bring up your average.

I don't think Morrow can be an ace either. He's in a tough division and can't stay healthy...neither can Garza. Kuroda had his first winning season since '09 last year, so I'm not terribly high on him either. And a 10-10 Fister from last year isn't that amazing. There's no top pitcher on this team.

I think your team is a middle-of-the-pack team, especially in a 12-team league. Getting players cheap isn't the key, it's getting a good roster for your money and spending it all on what you need, not just trying to save money. I would have much rather spent $40+ to get a star
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 43)

Postby trumptight » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 pm

santana and lawrie offer tremendous upside. the hr's will be there. when you see this team lined up against other teams, it plays and it plays well. in an auction draft, when ppl go out and get trout for $60, they severely hinder what they can do in other areas. no there is no star power here, its strong from top to bottom, the only real weak spot is 2b, and lets be honest, if you dont have one of the top four, your weak at 2b.

what i feel as though you guys are missing is the fact that this is a h2h league. as long as this team is consistent, it is goingto be successful. in an h2h league avg is so arbitrary its not really a stat you can chase. i could play votto's team in a week he bats 100. or i could play his team a week where he hits 400 but then so does reyes. also, id punt avg every week if i win the other categories.
trumptight
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 63)

Postby JJLinn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:31 am

Your pitching will end up hurting you, IMO. Not a Morrow fan...worried a little bit about Garza also.
JJLinn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby trumptight » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

Week in and week out pitching stats are arbitrary. Plenty of pitching to be found in season
trumptight
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 63)

Postby Zach F. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:20 pm

You got Carlos Santana for $6? Are you playing in a league with people who know nothing about baseball?
Zach F.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 am

If your question marks (Rios following up last season with similar numbers, Lawrie living up to his potential, how much of the old V-Mart will we see-- does he still have C eligibility?--) break the right way you'll be OK in hitting, though I agree with the other posters that you might need to consider a move for more power down the line.

Definitely a little worried about your starting pitching (don't see a top 20-25 guy there).

A team that needs some work to reach Amazing status, but there is definitely things to like about your hitting, especially if some of the risk/reward guys come through for you.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 222)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team