2014 Commentary/Dicussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League

2014 Commentary/Dicussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Commentary/Dicussion

Postby So-Tex » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I was so late in getting my 8th round pick in yesterday. I had sent Jim a list for both my 7th and 8th rounders...don't know why he didn't make the 8th round pick for me, but in retrospect, I ended up going with someone I didn't even have on the list. So it worked out for me, at everyone else's expense...so again, sorry for that! O:-)

But no worries! I'm back in now, and probably not going fishing again anytime soon! :*)

Hey Red! While I was down in Corpus, I ran across a friend of yours...

Man, I tell you what...I was petrified the whole time while taking this pic! :-o I had my 7-year-old with me at the time, and it just kept giving us that infamous "Pelican Death Stare" they're known for. But we made it out OK. :-°

Talk about your "he-bee gee-bees"! 8-o Good thing I don't live or vacation in Toronto...I heard the wild Raptors there are fierce!!! :-o

:-B :-b :-D ;-) B-)
So-Tex Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 pm

So-Tex wrote:Hey guys! Sorry I was so late in getting my 8th round pick in yesterday. I had sent Jim a list for both my 7th and 8th rounders...don't know why he didn't make the 8th round pick for me, but in retrospect, I ended up going with someone I didn't even have on the list. So it worked out for me, at everyone else's expense...so again, sorry for that! O:-)

My fault. I wasn't really paying that close attention and I never got a PM so I didn't know it was your turn.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 pm

So-Tex wrote:Man, I tell you what...I was petrified the whole time while taking this pic! :-o I had my 7-year-old with me at the time, and it just kept giving us that infamous "Pelican Death Stare" they're known for. But we made it out OK. :-°

Talk about your "he-bee gee-bees"! 8-o Good thing I don't live or vacation in Toronto...I heard the wild Raptors there are fierce!!! :-o

:-D

Any non-NBA fans in here? O:-)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Laubster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 pm

The NBA Sucks ! %-6 :-P
Laubster
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey, hey, HEY! :-[ The ONLY reason the NBA sucks, is cause the Lakers are in it. }:-)

(Spoken like a true Spurs fan... ;-D )
So-Tex Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Laubster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 am

I haven't been on the Lakers Bandwagon since Kobe the Puss ran Shaq out of town . When Kobe the Rapist retires I may look at them again but I really don't like the "Ghetto" Tude the NBA is flaunting these days
Laubster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jphanned » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 am

Laubster wrote:I haven't been on the Lakers Bandwagon since Kobe the Puss ran Shaq out of town . When Kobe the Rapist retires I may look at them again but I really don't like the "Ghetto" Tude the NBA is flaunting these days

Last edited by jphanned on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 21)

Postby So-Tex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:12 am

Laubster wrote:I haven't been on the Lakers Bandwagon since Kobe the Puss ran Shaq out of town . When Kobe the Rapist retires I may look at them again but I really don't like the "Ghetto" Tude the NBA is flaunting these days

8-o

Dude! Are you, like, some long lost brother of mine separated at birth or something?!? 8-o I thought I was the only one who referred to the little rapist as "the little rapist". Some of the guys over at the old Busersports forum (and now Basketball Monster) used to always give me flack for going to the "Colorado" card when it came to Kobe (although I suspect them to be mostly Faker fan boys circling the wagons in support of their little rapist...ERRRRRRRR, alleged rapist. ;-7

You definitely score kudos in MY book! ;-D
So-Tex Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Laubster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 am

What Kobe did "Alledgedly" in Colorado made Ray Lewis look like Pope Francis
Laubster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 am

Laubster wrote:What Kobe did "Alledgedly" in Colorado made Ray Lewis look like Pope Francis

Hahaha. I remember (what is now years ago) reading the transcripts from Kobe's interaction with the police and thinking dear lord this is shocking. It wasn't so much any admission of guilt or anything that I recall in particular, it was the "how do I make this go away?" mentality that was a little scary to me. I'm pretty sure he kept saying it over and over again.

I just wikipedia it (I know super professional) and came across this section which I found eerily interesting:

However, in September 2004, the assault case was dropped by prosecutors after Faber refused to testify in the trial. Afterward, Bryant agreed to apologize to Faber for the incident, including his public mea culpa: "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."[261][262] Faber filed a separate civil lawsuit against Bryant, which the two sides ultimately settled with the specific terms of the settlement being undisclosed to the public.

They always talk about how there are three sides to every story, each persons and then the truth. Perspective can be totally opposite sometimes.

Funny that everyone still hates Lebron though for basically just telling Cleveland to suck it and Kobe, who had some down years in the media I'll admit, seems relatively back in the mainstream again with most forgetting he ever had this incident anymore.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League