2014 Commentary/Dicussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League

2014 Commentary/Dicussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Commentary/Dicussion

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Well, if your 29 posts in the last year are indication then you're a busy dude. Less leagues, more quality I say. :-D

Very much so. Fantasy sports are just very low on the totem pole of importance right now. I just have issues saying no to people.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

mbuser wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:I can empathize. I have 2 teams out of 8 playing well. one is hovering around 500, and my other 5 are absolute trash. Not my best year from a fantasy basketball perspective. Starting to determine less just might be more at this point in my life(work, dating, etc).

Yep, decrease the work and eliminate the dating and things should pick up for you.

LOL. I needed that, matt.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:Well, if your 29 posts in the last year are indication then you're a busy dude. Less leagues, more quality I say. :-D

Very much so. Fantasy sports are just very low on the totem pole of importance right now. I just have issues saying no to people.

Yeah, me too. That's how I ended up with 15 or 16 teams a couple of years ago (10 hoops, one football and a bunch of baseball). I'll need to be more assertive next season. :-b
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ggs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

Yeah, me too. That's how I ended up with 15 or 16 teams a couple of years ago (10 hoops, one football and a bunch of baseball). I'll need to be more assertive next season. :-b

im starting to realize the deep keepers / dynasties actually take less time / commitment - no drafts, fairly low player movement so minimal in-season lineup management, just watch for prospects who get called up. it's the ron popeil way - set it and forget it!
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 115)

Postby jphanned » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Quick question - say I trade a (1) keeper to another owner. Does his keeper clock reset to (3)?
Find me on Twitter
jphanned
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 21)

Postby silentjim » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Rounders Block wrote:Quick question - say I trade a (1) keeper to another owner. Does his keeper clock reset to (3)?

No. A player's keeper limit only resets if his original keeper limit is up and is drafted or if a player with a keeper limit is dropped.

Example: I kept Starlin Castro last season for 1 year. He is no longer eligible to be kept by me or anyone I would trade him to. However, when he is drafted this coming season he can then be kept for the max of three years if that manager wanted. If Castro had sucked last season and I had dropped him (which occurred for a shocking amount of players) whoever picked him up would then have the ability to keep him for three years if they wanted.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)

Postby The Thrill » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Just a clarification point: A few of us (me, Red and Buser) picked up a player on the last day of last season. I am noticing that that player IS, in fact, on my "Final Roster." Therefore I'm interpreting that I can keep that player (Shelby Miller). Would you agree (since MIller is on my "Final Roster" listing on Yahoo from last season)?

No worries at all if you disagree. Just felt better asking the question. :-)
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)

Postby ggs » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:15 pm

The Thrill wrote:Just a clarification point: A few of us (me, Red and Buser) picked up a player on the last day of last season. I am noticing that that player IS, in fact, on my "Final Roster." Therefore I'm interpreting that I can keep that player (Shelby Miller). Would you agree (since MIller is on my "Final Roster" listing on Yahoo from last season)?

don't see why not. if they're on your final roster they're part of your roster this season. $0.02.
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 115)

Postby silentjim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 pm

ggs wrote:
The Thrill wrote:Just a clarification point: A few of us (me, Red and Buser) picked up a player on the last day of last season. I am noticing that that player IS, in fact, on my "Final Roster." Therefore I'm interpreting that I can keep that player (Shelby Miller). Would you agree (since MIller is on my "Final Roster" listing on Yahoo from last season)?

don't see why not. if they're on your final roster they're part of your roster this season. $0.02.

Yup. You're good to go. I assume they are on the list that I uploaded for 2012 Final Rosters right?
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm

There he is! :-)

In another league I play, the Brushback League, we don't allow this. Rookies who aren't initially drafted cannot be kept if they're waiver pickups at some point during the season. Not saying we should go this route, but it's something to consider if anyone has a problem with the add/stash program at the end of previous seasons.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Crossover Keeper League