12 Team 5x5 WHIR (Just drafted) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 Team 5x5 WHIR (Just drafted)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team 5x5 WHIR (Just drafted)

Postby rayham2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

It is a little premature for drafting in my opinion with spring training just getting started, but I joined this league and we had the draft earlier this week. I am not as pleased as I usually am after drafts but what do you guys think? Might change my team name to "Team Injury Prone" lol

C: Sanatna
1B: Tex
2B: Kinsler
SS: A. Cabrera
3B: Longoria
MI: Dee Gordon
CI: Sandoval
OF: Kemp
OF: Markakis
OF: Ethier
UTIL: Michael Young
UTIL: Ichiro

BN: Fowler
BN: McCann (Hoping this is a steal and trade bait)
BN: Alexi Ramirez

SP: Weaver
SP: Halladay
SP:Parker
SP: Hanson
RP: Motte
RP: CHisek
P: Holland
P: Beckett
P: McCarthy

BN: Storen
BN: Harrell
rayham2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team 5x5 WHIR (Just drafted)

Postby lambo1203 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Not a terrible team...lots of players who could have a big year and several who I think are being undervalued in drafts.

Santana should be a solid catcher with a nice backup behind him in McCann. I like Tex but would be a bit worried you don't have a backup for him since he's one of the injury prone players you mentioned. Your middle infield looks pretty solid with lots of speed. My only concern with your position players is the power. Longoria and Kemp should be your top two, but besides Sandoval, I don't see a ton of RBIs/HRs.

You've got an interesting group of pitchers as well. Weaver and Halladay should be fine, but I've seen how awful Hanson can be with ERA at times and I think he had a lot of lucky wins last year with a team that could hit their way out of an early deficit. The rest of the rotation is nothing but question marks to me, but it could go either way and I like your chances of at least competing.
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 25)

Re: 12 Team 5x5 WHIR (Just drafted)

Postby fsbarren » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 am

Took a couple for chances here and there for sure, huh. :-?

It looks like a good team, but the downside is definitely there if you get unlucky with the health of some of your players.

I would probably try to trade some of the riskiers guys for equivalent value (maybe even at different positions if that's what it takes) for healthier options but I also wouldn't sell low to do it. You might have to ride it out this season with what you have, but it might be a bit of a roller coaster, wondering if that nick is a few games/weeks/DL from time to time.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 196)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team