Last 2 keepers help needed...whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Last 2 keepers help needed...whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last 2 keepers help needed...whir

Postby Elsy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 pm

12 team keeper 8 man H2H keeper league (2 have to be pitchers and 1 has to be drafted post 20th round) and unfortuneatly your 2nd pitcher can't also be the post 20th rd keeper. no $$$ figures involved.

scoring: Offense - R, HR, RBI, TB(total bases), OPS, NSB(net stolen bases) Pitching - W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Locks: Jose Bautista, Carlos Gonzalez, Brandon Phillips, Paul Goldschmidt, Felix Hernandez, RA Dickey(post 20th)

So question is:

2nd pitcher: Matt Latos or CJ Wilson

last spot: Brett Lawrie, Yoenis Cespedes, Jimmy Rollins -- thinking Lawrie due to position scarcity and 2 OF already

I hate keeping 3 SP but are either Josh Willingham or Salvador Perez options for post 20th round keeper??

thanks for input
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper help needed...whir

Postby TeeBall DH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am

Thanks for the help on mine.

First I don't think you can keep Josh Willingham or Salvador Perez over RA Dickey. At the worst keep Dickey then trade him.

I say go either Jimmy Rollins or Yoenis Cespedes. I like Cespedes more but Jimmy Rollins does fill the SS hole for you and had a great year last year.
TeeBall DH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Keeper help needed...whir

Postby fsbarren » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 am

TeeBall DH wrote:Thanks for the help on mine.

First I don't think you can keep Josh Willingham or Salvador Perez over RA Dickey. At the worst keep Dickey then trade him.

I say go either Jimmy Rollins or Yoenis Cespedes. I like Cespedes more but Jimmy Rollins does fill the SS hole for you and had a great year last year.

I agree on keeping Dickey (not because I'm so high on him, but the alternatives just don't merit replacement).

Latos over Wilson, although I think Wilson is valued too low and will have a better year (at least more wins) that some think.

I think Lawrie still has enough upside and position scarcity that it's a reasonable risk/reward to be your last keeper. Cespedes has top-25 OF potential if not better, but as you said you're OK at OF. I'd "gamble" with Lawrie.

Good luck.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 192)

Re: Last 2 keepers help needed...whir

Postby GerryH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 am

I'd definitely go Latos over Wilson in a keeper league given he's still only 25 and likely to improve.

Of the other 3 I think Cespedes is the better choice overall but Lawrie would maybe be the wiser choice due to his position, as you say. If you go that route I'd try and trade Cespedes.

Thanks for your help with mine.
GerryH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 am

Latos over Wilson

Cespedies easily, IMO.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 321)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 am

kaiser wrote:Latos over Wilson

Cespedies easily, IMO.

Latos over Wilson is an absolute slam dunk. The guy who did the 30 teams in 30 days Cincinatti Reds preview on this site, really broke down why Latos is a stud to target ;-D

And yes Cespedes pretty easily. I would rather take the player that has proven he can produce and still has room to grow, over Lawrie who you would be mainly keeping on potential at this point.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby da bears » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

I'd stick with Dickey as your post 20th, that's solid value and no other guys there are worth him even if he regresses.

Latos over Wilson, fairly similar guys if you ask me but feel Latos still hasn't had his best season yet.

Lawrie for the last one. Guy has big time potential and it would be nice to have a guy who could be a top 5 3rd baseman in that Tor line up.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby allen730877 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Elsy wrote:12 team keeper 8 man H2H keeper league (2 have to be pitchers and 1 has to be drafted post 20th round) and unfortuneatly your 2nd pitcher can't also be the post 20th rd keeper. no $$$ figures involved.

scoring: Offense - R, HR, RBI, TB(total bases), OPS, NSB(net stolen bases) Pitching - W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Locks: Jose Bautista, Carlos Gonzalez, Brandon Phillips, Paul Goldschmidt, Felix Hernandez, RA Dickey(post 20th)

So question is:

2nd pitcher: Matt Latos or CJ Wilson

last spot: Brett Lawrie, Yoenis Cespedes, Jimmy Rollins -- thinking Lawrie due to position scarcity and 2 OF already

I hate keeping 3 SP but are either Josh Willingham or Salvador Perez options for post 20th round keeper??

thanks for input

Latos > Wilson

I say you take Rollins. There are better 3b than there are SS so I say take Rollins over Lawrie or Cesp. Rollins is a top Runs getter and I see him doing the same this year.

I also would take Dickey for post 20th keeper. Cy Young winner in that round is a steal.

WHIR http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454765
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Can you keep:
Latos
Cespedes
and Lawrie
somehow?

By tossing back someone I'd probably take Latos Cespedes and Lawrie nd throw out Dickey if late rounds they are.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2068)

Postby Elsy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 am

MadDog36 wrote:Can you keep:
Latos
Cespedes
and Lawrie
somehow?

By tossing back someone I'd probably take Latos Cespedes and Lawrie nd throw out Dickey if late rounds they are.

Latos I can keep for sure.

as for Cespedes and Lawrie I don't think so unfortuately as neither were a post 20th round guy. If I was to keep both would have to toss back Goldschmidt or Phillips. This is mainly due to the setup of keepers where 2 have to be pitchers (but the 2nd one can't also be the post 20th rd guy).
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 81)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions