2013 Trash Talk/General Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Moderators: sstobe, deerayfan072, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Postby pgatorpimp » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:14 pm

I propose a new rule starting next season that we can only keep players for up to 3 years after acquiring them. It can start the year after they are called up from the minors to keep an incentive to have good minor league players. I think it'll really help keep the league fresh since all the good players are now being kept in really low rounds. What does everyone think? Can we vote on it?
pgatorpimp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xtreme99 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 pm

pgatorpimp wrote:I propose a new rule starting next season that we can only keep players for up to 3 years after acquiring them. It can start the year after they are called up from the minors to keep an incentive to have good minor league players. I think it'll really help keep the league fresh since all the good players are now being kept in really low rounds. What does everyone think? Can we vote on it?

I would vote yes for this, create a poll on the main page. I would also say in 2016 or whenever this rule starts everyone is dumped back into the player pool and we start fresh.....just a thought.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:41 pm

xtreme99 wrote:
pgatorpimp wrote:I propose a new rule starting next season that we can only keep players for up to 3 years after acquiring them. It can start the year after they are called up from the minors to keep an incentive to have good minor league players. I think it'll really help keep the league fresh since all the good players are now being kept in really low rounds. What does everyone think? Can we vote on it?

I would vote yes for this, create a poll on the main page. I would also say in 2016 or whenever this rule starts everyone is dumped back into the player pool and we start fresh.....just a thought.

I would never agree to that and frankly would stop playing if we went that drastic. This has been a long term keeper league for a reason and many of us have made decisions based on that
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xtreme99 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
xtreme99 wrote:

I would never agree to that and frankly would stop playing if we went that drastic. This has been a long term keeper league for a reason and many of us have made decisions based on that

Wasn't it you that said you would be ok with refreshing the entire player pool during the draft? I mean why would you??? The best you have ever finished was 2nd in 2010 and most times you are a lock to fill the bottom half of the league so I can see your point....good luck this year ;-D

Just in case you forgot :

2014 5 of 10 * Wil the Thrill
2013 6 of 10 Wil the Thrill
2012 8 of 10 Football season yet?
2011 6 of 10 Crawford = Traitor
2010 2 of 10 The Price is Right
2010 5 of 12 Dee 12 Angry Men
2009 8 of 12 Team DL Live Free or DyNasty
2009 10 of 14 DeeRay USA South
2009 6 of 12 Deerays 12 Angry Men
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 am

No its wasn't me that said that.

Also,

those are the only ones from this league that you posted. I also won it when we used CBS (i have the bobble head to prove it) and came in second more than once. Regardless, even if I have had a bad run the last 3 seasons, you obviously know the 2014 one you posted just started, that is part of the game and I need to make better moves apparently.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:39 am

deerayfan072 wrote:No its wasn't me that said that.

Also,

those are the only ones from this league that you posted. I also won it when we used CBS (i have the bobble head to prove it) and came in second more than once. Regardless, even if I have had a bad run the last 3 seasons, you obviously know the 2014 one you posted just started, that is part of the game and I need to make better moves apparently.

;-)
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pgatorpimp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

We can debate about the length of time you can keep players, I'm just thinking we should do something to change things up a little so we don't have the same teams every year. Maybe make a rule where players go up two rounds a year instead of one? Or you can only keep one player from the first 10 rounds?
pgatorpimp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 pm

pgatorpimp wrote:We can debate about the length of time you can keep players, I'm just thinking we should do something to change things up a little so we don't have the same teams every year. Maybe make a rule where players go up two rounds a year instead of one? Or you can only keep one player from the first 10 rounds?

I def think a change is in order and I think it should be discussed. I talked to Tobe and my brother about this before. More rounds sounds good because only one year is too little IMO. Also, I am not sure the first 10 rounds is the issue anymore. Its the back end that is the problem right now, but some people should be rewarded for that, so its a delicate balance. I def believe the person needs to move up quicker, maybe 2 the first year, 3 the next and 4 the next (but only if you the were the person to keep them, so if you deal someone it would go back down to only a 2 round move the first time that person kept them etc. I also like the "contract approach" of having someone for only a few years - maybe have different years too, like 3 for some guys 4 for another 2 for some based on certain criteria like longer if you had them from the minors the entire time to give credit for having a god eye for talent:-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:54 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
pgatorpimp wrote:We can debate about the length of time you can keep players, I'm just thinking we should do something to change things up a little so we don't have the same teams every year. Maybe make a rule where players go up two rounds a year instead of one? Or you can only keep one player from the first 10 rounds?

I def think a change is in order and I think it should be discussed. I talked to Tobe and my brother about this before. More rounds sounds good because only one year is too little IMO. Also, I am not sure the first 10 rounds is the issue anymore. Its the back end that is the problem right now, but some people should be rewarded for that, so its a delicate balance. I def believe the person needs to move up quicker, maybe 2 the first year, 3 the next and 4 the next (but only if you the were the person to keep them, so if you deal someone it would go back down to only a 2 round move the first time that person kept them etc. I also like the "contract approach" of having someone for only a few years - maybe have different years too, like 3 for some guys 4 for another 2 for some based on certain criteria like longer if you had them from the minors the entire time to give credit for having a god eye for talent:-?

Tobe is probably cursing right now at the thought of having to track another caveat with our league X-I
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pgatorpimp » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

I like all those ideas, I would be down with any system that somehow limits how long people keep players. The only question is how to decide on the specific rules.
pgatorpimp
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Phi Sig Keepers