2013 Trash Talk/General Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Moderators: sstobe, deerayfan072, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Postby irishstephen071 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

You bastard Adam, I thought he might have made it back around to me.
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 am

Nice pick Sherm. I debated picking him too, but needed offense in my system.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Nice pick Sherm. I debated picking him too, but needed offense in my system.

Half of these guys will be dropped by April....Rugged Odor might stick around though
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:40 pm

xtreme99 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Nice pick Sherm. I debated picking him too, but needed offense in my system.

Half of these guys will be dropped by April....Rugged Odor might stick around though

which is why I have always said we should do the draft in reverse. IE. if you have 4 minor leaguers already you shouldn't pick til the last round. Otherwise, you keep people until it is convenient to drop before the draft and pick up another guy. By doing it the other way it makes the draft and minor leaguers mean more IMO, but what do I know
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
xtreme99 wrote:

which is why I have always said we should do the draft in reverse. IE. if you have 4 minor leaguers already you shouldn't pick til the last round. Otherwise, you keep people until it is convenient to drop before the draft and pick up another guy. By doing it the other way it makes the draft and minor leaguers mean more IMO, but what do I know

Didn't we used to do it that way moons ago? If not, Ill back voting that into the rules for next year. The guy who has 3 minor league players to start the season should have to lose them in order to pick in the first round or wait until its his turn in the 4th.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 pm

xtreme99 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
xtreme99 wrote:Half of these guys will be dropped by April....Rugged Odor might stick around though

Didn't we used to do it that way moons ago? If not, Ill back voting that into the rules for next year. The guy who has 3 minor league players to start the season should have to lose them in order to pick in the first round or wait until its his turn in the 4th.

We didn't before, but I have said it a few times and no one ever backed me up. I think we should put it up to a vote. I think it helps the integrity of the minor league system.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishstephen071 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:41 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
xtreme99 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

We didn't before, but I have said it a few times and no one ever backed me up. I think we should put it up to a vote. I think it helps the integrity of the minor league system.

Don't say no one backed you up cause I know I said we should of
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pgatorpimp » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks Adam. I agree with you that you shouldn't pick in the the first rounds if you are keeping minor league players, it makes sense to me to do it the way you are describing.
pgatorpimp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby xtreme99 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 am

pgatorpimp wrote:

Thanks Adam. I agree with you that you shouldn't pick in the the first rounds if you are keeping minor league players, it makes sense to me to do it the way you are describing.

New poll is up : viewtopic.php?f=174&t=468636
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby irishstephen071 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 pm

How long do we have to draft again?
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach