2013 Trash Talk/General Questions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Moderators: sstobe, deerayfan072, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Trash Talk/General Questions

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:While we are reworking the league I think the MiLB draft needs tweaking. I think if you have one slot available it should be in the last round of the draft. if you have 4 then you start in round 2 and go to end of draft etc. Why should you be able to just toss one guy and get a stud to replace him?

What happens if someone off the team is promoted? I.E. Matt Moore, Bryce Harper, etc.

If not promoted by time of the draft they count towards number of guys you have on minors. Point is, if you have 4 minor players your pick is 5th round if you have 1, you have 2-5.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 am

Apparently Tobe is the catcher in any relationship as he now has 4 on his roster
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishstephen071 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:While we are reworking the league I think the MiLB draft needs tweaking. I think if you have one slot available it should be in the last round of the draft. if you have 4 then you start in round 2 and go to end of draft etc. Why should you be able to just toss one guy and get a stud to replace him?

What happens if someone off the team is promoted? I.E. Matt Moore, Bryce Harper, etc.

If not promoted by time of the draft they count towards number of guys you have on minors. Point is, if you have 4 minor players your pick is 5th round if you have 1, you have 2-5.

I agree if you drop someone then you should get in the last round but I don't agree if they get promoted that you get a last round pick as you can't control that. If they get promoted you should get in the first round in the milb
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:49 pm

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:

I agree if you drop someone then you should get in the last round but I don't agree if they get promoted that you get a last round pick as you can't control that. If they get promoted you should get in the first round in the milb

Not sure I understand why you believe that makes a difference. something to discuss and IMO vote on
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishstephen071 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Not sure I understand why you believe that makes a difference. something to discuss and IMO vote on

Your talking about punishing someone for dropping a player and keeping them in the back of the draft, right? My point is how do you basically punish someone for having a player promoted?? I agree that dropping a milb player you should be last in the draft but I don't agree making you last in the draft if someone off your team gets promoted. Maybe I am miss understanding what you saying, idk.
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:29 pm

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:

Your talking about punishing someone for dropping a player and keeping them in the back of the draft, right? My point is how do you basically punish someone for having a player promoted?? I agree that dropping a milb player you should be last in the draft but I don't agree making you last in the draft if someone off your team gets promoted. Maybe I am miss understanding what you saying, idk.

Its not punishing anyone. I just think if you have open spots, any open spots, you should start getting draft picks starting from round 5 and move forward. Its not punishing you if someone is promoted. That opens a spot up on your roster and you get to draft someone to replace it, just not starting in round 1. I tend to see the same people up front picking up the next "hot prospect" every season.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishstephen071 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Its not punishing anyone. I just think if you have open spots, any open spots, you should start getting draft picks starting from round 5 and move forward. Its not punishing you if someone is promoted. That opens a spot up on your roster and you get to draft someone to replace it, just not starting in round 1. I tend to see the same people up front picking up the next "hot prospect" every season.

You tend to see the same people because they drop atleast one every year imo, my question then is so how do you have a rd 1 then if you always start at rd 5?
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:52 am

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:

You tend to see the same people because they drop atleast one every year imo, my question then is so how do you have a rd 1 then if you always start at rd 5?

If you have no minor league players you would have a pick in round 1-5. If you have 4 you would have a pick in round 2-5. etc. etc. (round 2 maybe the first round because everyone has minor leaguers)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishstephen071 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

If you have no minor league players you would have a pick in round 1-5. If you have 4 you would have a pick in round 2-5. etc. etc. (round 2 maybe the first round because everyone has minor leaguers)[/quote
Ok I get that but let's say like take this for example I had Moore graduate and Sherman decided to drop everyone but one guy, so how is it fair he picks three guys before I pick my one? That's punishing me because I did research and made a better choice and didnt have to keep dropping milb guys. I get where your.coming from Adam I'm just trying to think about how it would be fair is all.
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:06 am

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:You tend to see the same people because they drop atleast one every year imo, my question then is so how do you have a rd 1 then if you always start at rd 5?

If you have no minor league players you would have a pick in round 1-5. If you have 4 you would have a pick in round 2-5. etc. etc. (round 2 maybe the first round because everyone has minor leaguers)[/quote
Ok I get that but let's say like take this for example I had Moore graduate and Sherman decided to drop everyone but one guy, so how is it fair he picks three guys before I pick my one? That's punishing me because I did research and made a better choice and didnt have to keep dropping milb guys. I get where your.coming from Adam I'm just trying to think about how it would be fair is all.

I appreciate it actually and the discussion is what I like. I agree, I have been trying to reconcile the two positions. I would say that you have 4 solid guys if you aren't planning on dropping them, so that is your reward for doing research. I think its a tough balance. Maybe how it is now is the fairest. Any other opinions or thoughts on this issue would be welcome.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Phi Sig Keepers