Keepers and Thoughts on Possible Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keepers and Thoughts on Possible Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keepers and Thoughts on Possible Trade

Postby puffins » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm

I play in a 10-team, head-to-head league in which you can keep up to 4 players. Since I think I have a number of strong keeper options, I'm looking to try to trade a few players for another top 10 player. After scouting my opponents, I've found a couple of teams that seem to be lean on keepers that might be willing to deal. One team has Miguel Cabrera. The other has Cano. I'm relatively inexperienced in making trades, so I'd love some advice on 1) what you might offer for either Cabrera or Cano (assuming you agree with me that a trade is a good idea) and 2) which of my remaining guys you'd keep given the trade. Below is most of my team (I haven't included the lower tier guys). Thanks for the help!!!!

Pujols
Votto
Goldschmidt
B.J. Upton
Desmond Jennings
Bryce Harper
Encarnarcion (E5)
Hosmer
Salvador Perez
Cliff Lee
Papelbon
Price
puffins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keepers and Thoughts on Possible Trade

Postby Nats 2013 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Currently i would keep votto, pujols, harper, and E5. throw all the pitchers back. See if you can trade either pujols straight up for either cabrera or cano. If they are really slacking on keepers, i would see if i can package a few players for either of them. Maybe price, e5, and upton for cabrera. More than likely they would demand either votto or pujols in a trade but dont offer either until they shoot down all your other packages. Then maybe offer something along the lines of price (or lee) and votto (or pujols) for either cano or cabrera
Nats 2013
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TeeBall DH » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Keepers

Pujols
Votto
Harper
Encarnarcion

Trading is always a great idea. Your best trade chip after keeping those 4 is Cliff Lee or Paul Goldscmidt. The problem with going after Cano or Miggy is that both are easily top 5 players. I would expect both owners are going to want a ton for them. If you have you heart set on trading for one of them I would say trade one of the above 4 keepers(prolly going to need to trade Votto or Pujols) with one of your leftovers. But don't trade two of those 4 keepers. To me that would seem like an overpay.
TeeBall DH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Elsy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 am

I would try and move 2 of your 1B. Keep Votto and move Pujols and Encarnacion; I would package each one seperately and try and get both Cano and Miggy. If other teams are hurting for keepers you may just beable to pull it off.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby lambo1203 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:55 am

I really like David Price, so I'd keep him along with Pujols, Votto and Bryce.

Another pair of players I'm really high on are McCutchen and CarGo. If the Cano/Miggy owners are set on keeping them for nothing less than everything under the sun, I'd target them. You could probably get one of them for Cliff Lee & E5 or Goldy. But if the Cano/Miggy owners are willing to listen, I think any other trade suggestion the other replies offered are easily going to be in your favor if the trade can happen.

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=454942
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby puffins » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 pm

I've had no luck getting anyone to bite on a trade, but I haven't thrown Pujols or Votto into the mix yet. I've been told by the Miggy, Trout, and Cano managers already that they will not trade them no matter what the offer. One manager has McCutch, CarGo, and Kemp. Would it be crazy to trade Pujols for one of these guys? I'm not thrilled having two 1B keepers and Pujols' injuries, slow start, and aging make me wonder if now's the time to try to get one of these other players. Not sure if it matters in your advice, but our draft order is set--I'm third (so since I'm keeping four, I'll get picks 43, 58, 63, 78, etc.). Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping Pujols, Votto, Price, and Harper.

League H2H Scoring: R, HR, RBI, K, SB, AVG, OPS (batting); K, W, L, BS, ERA, WHIP, SVHD (pitching)
puffins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions