Not my guys season 2! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Not my guys season 2!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Not my guys season 2!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm

goldtop wrote:So you have CGon in the top 10, but not McCutchen???

Cargo has consistently shown he has the skills to be a top 10 pick even if he misses time. Consistently high BABIP and HR/FB

McCutchen's breakout was largely pushed by an extreme jump in HR/FB and BABIP. While some of it was likely do him being young and still developing, it's not necessarily a given that he's able to replicate it next year. I wouldn't expect him to hit over .300 or break 30 HRs this year and if you're drafting him expecting that then you're probably going to be disappointed. He's a very good player, but I'm not high enough on him to warrant a top 10 pick yet.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Yeah. I don't believe McCutchen is a .300 hitter at all. I don't like that his power spike came with just HR/FB and nothing else either. He also got even worse at stealing bases and he is going to stop running if it gets any worse than it is now. He didn't show growth in any of the areas I tend to look for it or that seems sustainable. I like his 2nd half as more of a baseline. .289 AVG, 25-28 HR, probably less than 20 SB in a bad lineup. I'd still draft him at the end of the 1st round most likely since the talent really falls off a cliff there, but no way I want him in the top 6.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:01 pm

In my main keeper league I have owned McCutchen for three seasons and each time he dive-bombed in the second half although not so steep last season. Not a Top 10 guy.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby rotoquest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

3. Andrew McCutchen – Gonna be great. Even if he just repeats last year, he’s worth this draft slot. Even if he falls off a little bit from last year, he’s still worth the draft spot, ya bish. 2013 Projections: 102/30/107/.295/27

Grey over at Razzball disagrees with some of you about McCutchen and ranks him in the top 3. (not saying I agree with him, just sayin)
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 193)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 am

rotoquest wrote:
3. Andrew McCutchen – Gonna be great. Even if he just repeats last year, he’s worth this draft slot. Even if he falls off a little bit from last year, he’s still worth the draft spot, ya bish. 2013 Projections: 102/30/107/.295/27

Grey over at Razzball disagrees with some of you about McCutchen and ranks him in the top 3. (not saying I agree with him, just sayin)

Over trout?
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rotoquest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
rotoquest wrote:

Over trout?

Yup, trout is #4.
1. Miggy
2. Braun
3. McCutchen
4. Trout
5. Cano

but then he has Kemp at #15, so there's that. I think his clairvoyance is obscured by his mustache sometimes.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby GiantExpectations » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:30 am

rotoquest wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
rotoquest wrote:Grey over at Razzball disagrees with some of you about McCutchen and ranks him in the top 3. (not saying I agree with him, just sayin)

Over trout?

Yup, trout is #4.
1. Miggy
2. Braun
3. McCutchen
4. Trout
5. Cano

but then he has Kemp at #15, so there's that. I think his clairvoyance is obscured by his mustache sometimes.

Seeing his rank of Kemp at 15 would make me want to ignore anything else he has.
GiantExpectations
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am

Just skimmed through it and he also has Goldschmidt at 19 and a lot of other rankings in the top 20 alone that I strongly disagree with. Not a fan.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby rotoquest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:Just skimmed through it and he also has Goldschmidt at 19 and a lot of other rankings in the top 20 alone that I strongly disagree with. Not a fan.

His rankings are always off the chart crazy, but his projections are not too shabby, and I'm sure the more serious drafters that do their own projections will prefer their own. However, I have to admit that I am a fan of the entertainment value at razzball like today's blog. It's fun reading with your morning coffee.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby slcdcricket » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 am

I like the entertainment value of Razzball as well and he does usually back up his projections with some sort of statistics. He seems to like talent from age 25-29 though, and skews towards that.

For example, and I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, I don't know if I'd take Longoria over Beltre this season but Grey would rather have him. It has made me rethink though, and if Longoria can recapture 2009-2010 then he's a steal mid 2nd round (where Yahoo has him going).
slcdcricket
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers