Fantasy Farm Systems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fantasy Farm Systems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Farm Systems

Postby Nats 2013 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 am

Trying to create a super deep keeper league that includes a "farm system." Is there a website or software out there that has an actual roster spot for farm players or do people just use a bench spot when they create leagues with a "farm"?
Nats 2013
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy Farm Systems

Postby germani40 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Nats 2013 wrote:Trying to create a super deep keeper league that includes a "farm system." Is there a website or software out there that has an actual roster spot for farm players or do people just use a bench spot when they create leagues with a "farm"?

Fantrax has a minor league system. If you want to know anymore details about it let me know.
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)

Postby GolbeZ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 pm

I am in the same boat as the OP .. but looking for a free one..

everyone says to use CBS or Fantrax.. but those are both pay sites (fantrax if you are wanting to use Minors/reserves goes from free to premium) .. is there no Sites that allow Minor league or even just Reserve Slots that is free.. I am running a semi-low buy in money league and pulling 60+ dollars out of the pot would hurt the payouts pretty bad..

If not:
I am currently using ESPN right now.. I could even go for ideas to how to run it on ESPN ..
Keepers
Andrew McCutchen
Carlos Gonzalez
Robinson Cano
David Wright
GolbeZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby germani40 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 am

GolbeZ wrote:I am in the same boat as the OP .. but looking for a free one..

everyone says to use CBS or Fantrax.. but those are both pay sites (fantrax if you are wanting to use Minors/reserves goes from free to premium) .. is there no Sites that allow Minor league or even just Reserve Slots that is free.. I am running a semi-low buy in money league and pulling 60+ dollars out of the pot would hurt the payouts pretty bad..

If not:
I am currently using ESPN right now.. I could even go for ideas to how to run it on ESPN ..

The minor league part of Fantrax is free for just basic use. The more in depth aspects of it do pay. In my league we have up to 20 minor leaguers. Their salaries don't go towards the teams salary cap
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 98)

Postby GolbeZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 am

germani40 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:I am in the same boat as the OP .. but looking for a free one..

If not:

The minor league part of Fantrax is free for just basic use. The more in depth aspects of it do pay. In my league we have up to 20 minor leaguers. Their salaries don't go towards the teams salary cap

ah yes .. I see .. fixed it... now I would just have to convince my league to want to switch .. people get use to how things are layed out .. i wish espn would just had Reserve Slots .. it can't be too hard I wouldn't think.
Keepers
Andrew McCutchen
Carlos Gonzalez
Robinson Cano
David Wright
GolbeZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GolbeZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 am

If there is anybody out there that uses ESPN and does have a league that uses a farm system. Maybe you can tell me how you did it..

making a bunch of Ghost teams to hold the rosters seems kinda sucky.. im guessing thats the only way?
Keepers
Andrew McCutchen
Carlos Gonzalez
Robinson Cano
David Wright
GolbeZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner