Off season transactions...how'd I do??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Off season transactions...how'd I do???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Off season transactions...how'd I do???

Postby Elsy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm

In a 14 team H2H 19 man keeper league with 15 man farm team.

Trade 1:
Received Brandon Morrow, Danny Espinosa and Clayton Blackburn(farm team) for R.A. Dickey and Matt Adams(farm team)

Trade 2:
Received Jose Reyes, Michael Bourn and Sergio Santos for Carlos Gonzalez and 1st rd pick(actually pick 20.2)

Any thoughts???? whir
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 77)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Off season transactions...how'd I do???

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Would lke to see your whole roster, and how it is set up...$$$ prices too if u use them to better gauge these trades...thanks
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 201)

Postby Elsy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 pm

no $$$ involved in this league.

Keepers are looking like this right now: Jose Reyes, Allen Craig, Micheal Bourn, Aramis Ramirez, David Freese, Michael Morse, J.P. Arencibia, Justin Ruggiano, Brandon Moss, Craig Kimbrel, Johnny Cuteo, Aroldis Champman, Jonathan Papelbon, Josh Johnson, Danny Espinosa, Sergio Santos, Shaun Marcum, Alcides Escobar

on the outside: Hiroki Kuroda, Nick Swisher, Lorenzo Cain, A.J. Pierzynski
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Elsy wrote:no $$$ involved in this league.

Keepers are looking like this right now: Jose Reyes, Allen Craig, Micheal Bourn, Aramis Ramirez, David Freese, Michael Morse, J.P. Arencibia, Justin Ruggiano, Brandon Moss, Craig Kimbrel, Johnny Cuteo, Aroldis Champman, Jonathan Papelbon, Josh Johnson, Danny Espinosa, Sergio Santos, Shaun Marcum, Alcides Escobar

I do like the first trade u did, not sure about the second one....so if i am reading this right u get keep 19 players right?...then this is how I would go....
reyes, craig, aram, borne, freese, morse, kimbrel, cuteo, chapman, papelbum, JJ, swisher, kuroda, ruggiano, espinosa, escobar, JP, moss, and Cain....thats my 19....santos is a big no same with marcum. with all those low avg hitters, i think i would take pierzynski instead of jp...you do have a decant amount of power, but your avg isn't the best...good luck... ;-D ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby Elsy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm

thanks for the input. the only reason I have Santos as a keeper is back up to Janssen if he doesn't start out of the gate well, also holds are a cat. I trust Marcum over Kuroda, I don't think he puts up similar numbers to last year where Marcum is moving to a great pitchers park and was pretty decent last year before being injured in a pretty good hitters park in Milwaukee. as for JP over AJ going with the youth and upside, and with the new manager and hitting coach in Toronto I think JP gets his avg up to the .250 mark with 25+ HR and 90+RBI in that lineup.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Elsy wrote:thanks for the input. the only reason I have Santos as a keeper is back up to Janssen if he doesn't start out of the gate well, also holds are a cat. I trust Marcum over Kuroda, I don't think he puts up similar numbers to last year where Marcum is moving to a great pitchers park and was pretty decent last year before being injured in a pretty good hitters park in Milwaukee. as for JP over AJ going with the youth and upside, and with the new manager and hitting coach in Toronto I think JP gets his avg up to the .250 mark with 25+ HR and 90+RBI in that lineup.

Ok I see your point on the catchers, but in no way do I take marcum over kuroda.Kuroda is a rock year in and year out...200 innings every year, if u let him go that would be a mistake....santos had sholder surgery, and when a pitcher gets any surgery done there is never a guarentee he will be back to old form....i would rather have firei, coke,benoit, robertson or pestano for holds....Seriously keep kuroda over marcum... ;-D
Kuroda made half his starts in yankee stadium and his numbers were awsome by the way :-) :-)
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Postby allen730877 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

I also did a trade involving sending (my) Dickey for Morrow and I think it will pay off and I am in a dynasty league also so I feel Morrow will have more long term value than Dickey...

WHIR http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=454765
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Hiroki Kuroda, Nick Swisher 8-o
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1998)

Postby mm92280 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 pm

MadDog36 wrote:Hiroki Kuroda, Nick Swisher 8-o

Its a tough one. He's obviously somewhat buying Brandon Moss, who was really a journeyman before suddenly raking in Oakland last year. Swisher is the safe choice, as we essentially know what to expect from him each year. Kuroda is a regression candidate, though he should still be a quality starter. Lorenzo Cain is the guy with the upside that is on the outside. I thought he would breakout last year but injuries totally ruined his season. So, it is possible that this year he really gets it going and becomes a quality fantasy starter.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 am

Elsy wrote:no $$$ involved in this league.

Ok so what trades did you do?, cause to me looking at your keepers it looks like you did the reyes for cargo deal, but my question is if you didn't pull the trigger on the other deal where is one of dickey or morrow in your keeper list????????

edit....it looks like u pulled the trigger on both deals cause i see espinosa as one of your keepers, so where is morrow?....he is a definite over marcum, kuroda is a definate over santos, leave out moss and ruggiano and take swish and cain.....
so you would have, morrow, kuroda, swish and cain instead of marcum, moss, ruggiano and santos....my 4 there are tons better....nut u do what u want....

ok edit 1 more time...lol...seems like i am only giving u 18, when u get to keep 19, so i would go with one of ruggiano or moss, what ever one u like the most....good luck ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions