Player Raising Auction Prices! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Player Raising Auction Prices!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Player Raising Auction Prices!

Postby antant42 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 am

I am new to the Auction style of the Draft so I am not sure if this is Ethical or not.

The Auction Cap is $260 and one player has around $570 in LIVE bids. He will not win ALL of the bids but $570 out there is overkill. He is Raising the prices of players with money that he does not have!

here is the page where we are bidding just to give you an example.

http://baseballreloaded.proboards.com/i ... agency2013

Please, just let me know if I am being crazy. If he had around $300 out there then i wouldn't care, but he is going WAY overboard.

What do you guys think i should do?
Cheap tickets for baseball, football, hockey, and basketball available at www.TicketOcean.com

*** An Ocean of tickets for sports, concerts, and shows ***
antant42
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Player Raising Auction Prices!

Postby ayebatter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 am

You should not be able to bid more money than you have to cover the players that you need, I have never seen a league that didn't use this rule.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 am

There is a massive flaw in the rules of your league if this is allowed. You should never be allowed to make bids that put you over your budget and you should always have to have enough money left to fill out your roster.

For example if you have a 23 man roster and you have 7 bids on the table that are $240 total, the highest bid you should be able to make is $5 because you'll need at least $15 to fill in the 15 spots leftover if you were to win all 8 of those bids.

Hope that makes sense. Definitely something you need to take care of ASAP because that could possibly completely ruin the draft.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby antant42 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 am

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your input! I will talk to the commissioner and make sure this ends, it will also make sense to start over the draft, it started a a couple days ago.

Thank you!
Cheap tickets for baseball, football, hockey, and basketball available at www.TicketOcean.com

*** An Ocean of tickets for sports, concerts, and shows ***
antant42
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner