Looking for the best free agent manager - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for the best free agent manager

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for the best free agent manager

Postby King Of Kings » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi all guys,
my name is Carlo and i am the commissioner of a fantasy sports group entering its 10th season.

Our group is one of the most active and competitive around and since in recent leagues there were two owners that could not keep it up with the level of commitment required, it's now time for us to search for some new blood in order to keep the league at its best.

We usually play baseball, football and basketball with head-to-head free leagues (no dinasty/keeper) and we're searching for two guys who are very dedicated, who love sports and subsequently love playing fantasy sports. We're looking for the best free agent manager on the market, the kind of manager that shows pride in managing his team, has the fire to be the best and even if/when dead last in the standings gives his best to even climb a single spot.

If you think you're that kind of guy and if you're interested in joining starting with the upcoming baseball season please send me a PM and i'll get back to you.

I am starting the research way ahead of time because this is not a first come first serve thing as we really need the best two guys around to make our group even better!

Thank you all for the attention!
Carlo
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for the best free agent manager

Postby King Of Kings » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Since one guy suggested via PM that it would be better for me to post the settings of the league, i take his advice and here they are:

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Mar 24 7:00pm EDT
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 25
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 18, 2013
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
Min Innings Pitched: 30
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

As you can see, the league has 8 batting categories to go along 6 pitching categories. There is a maximum of 25 moves for the entire season and i know that's what most people don't like, but we have been using these settings for 9 years and they seem to work great because managers have to be careful with their acquisitions and therefore a single drop or pickup (or missing to pull the trigger on a certain player) can make the difference.

All diehard managers are welcome to contact me, i am searching for the best!
Carlo
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Looking for the best free agent manager

Postby King Of Kings » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm

bump
King Of Kings
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor