5x5 Auction can only keep 3...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

5x5 Auction can only keep 3...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5x5 Auction can only keep 3...WHIR

Postby jtsandwich » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Standard 14 team 5x5 auction $260 and we can keep only 3. Below is the list and the $ amount I may keep them at. I am trying to determine the players with the highest gained value to keep.

As always WHIR

RA Dickey $4 OBVIOUS KEEPER
Gio Gonzalez $14
Alex Rios $9
Josh Hamilton $26
Yu Darvish $18

RA is a for sure, then I am really on the fence. Rios is an every other yr player, I do like the XBH% spike from 6.9% to 11.6% and I think there is value in him at $9. Gio and the PED's is concerning, I was originally going with Gio, now not so sure. Hamilton at $26 seems to be a sure thing if he keeps his head on straight. Yu is a bit high at $18 I think, but I would possibly keep him and maybe even all 3 SP's and then load up on bats at the auction. I'm really stumped this year. Any and all insight would be appreciated.

I must decide by Friday night and there is no going back.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5x5 Auction can only keep 3...WHIR

Postby Nats 2013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 pm

I would keep Dicky, Gio, and Hamilton and not worry about gios PED accusations. Obviousy I'm biased as a nats fan but the newest set of accusations is pretty weak. Last year his finishing value of would be around $26-30, for $14 i would go ahead and gamble. Hamilton has a chance to improve on his numbers from last year and has a new environment to start over in. No matter where they place him in the line-up they have to give him the hittable pitches with pujols and trout. In that type of scoring system hamilton would have been valued in the $36-39 range. Thats huge value even if his stat line drops a little.

So for me, Hamilton, dicky, and gio.
a little help sir, viewtopic.php?t=454751
Nats 2013
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MrT » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Dickey is cheap but imo Darvish would out-perfrom him this year. No one below is a bragin but you get 3 solid players at fair market value. If you stick with Dickey keep the two offensive players.
Alex Rios $9
Josh Hamilton $26
Yu Darvish $18
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Martain » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm thinking I would keep Dickey, Rios, and Hamilton. $26 for Hamilton isn't a bad price, but he most likely will not put up 2012 numbers again this year.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=454478
Martain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jtsandwich » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 pm

With the Gio PED crap about over, I am now leaning towards RA, Gio and Josh. Part of me thinks there is a ton of value in keeping a $9 Rios, can someone talk me out of that? Any other opinions would be appreciated.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Dickey Darvish Hamilton
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1956)

Postby mm92280 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 pm

jtsandwich wrote:With the Gio PED crap about over, I am now leaning towards RA, Gio and Josh. Part of me thinks there is a ton of value in keeping a $9 Rios, can someone talk me out of that? Any other opinions would be appreciated.

I agree with your 3 selections - Dickey, Gio and Hamilton. Gio and Darvish is kind of a tossup, as I could easily see them posting similar numbers this season. Since Gio is slightly cheaper and basically provided excellent production last season (which he would seem capable of producing similar results again), I would lean slightly towards him on this one.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Orko31 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 pm

mm92280 wrote:
jtsandwich wrote:With the Gio PED crap about over, I am now leaning towards RA, Gio and Josh. Part of me thinks there is a ton of value in keeping a $9 Rios, can someone talk me out of that? Any other opinions would be appreciated.

I agree with your 3 selections - Dickey, Gio and Hamilton. Gio and Darvish is kind of a tossup, as I could easily see them posting similar numbers this season. Since Gio is slightly cheaper and basically provided excellent production last season (which he would seem capable of producing similar results again), I would lean slightly towards him on this one.

Def agreed here
Orko31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions