Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which 3 should I cut?

Uggla
4
22%
Feliz
6
33%
Harrison
0
No votes
Fiers
5
28%
Burnett
3
17%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 4 to cut)

Postby Appleowner » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 pm

I voted on Burnett, Feliz, Frieri, and Hardy.
Appleowner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 89
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 4 to cut)

Postby mm92280 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Frieri - a non-closer; you don't keep a non-closer in the sheer hope that gets the job back
Feliz - injured and working his way back from TJ surgery; not likely to pitch until after the all star break; in almost every league, you don't stash a player in this situation unless he's a superstar
Burnett - a clear regression candidate; always wildly consistent and not likely to be above average for 2 seasons in a row.
Fiers - He's an alright middle-of-the-rotation starter but that isn't enough to knock off one of the other guys on the list.
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 861
Joined: 11 May 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby allen730877 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

mm92280 wrote:Frieri - a non-closer; you don't keep a non-closer in the sheer hope that gets the job back
Feliz - injured and working his way back from TJ surgery; not likely to pitch until after the all star break; in almost every league, you don't stash a player in this situation unless he's a superstar
Burnett - a clear regression candidate; always wildly consistent and not likely to be above average for 2 seasons in a row.
Fiers - He's an alright middle-of-the-rotation starter but that isn't enough to knock off one of the other guys on the list.


I disagree with your opinion on Feliz. Feliz has the talent to be a true ace he just cant stay healthy. So the reason for dropping him would because he cant get healthy, imo. I hope to pick him back up in either the last round or after the draft unless I find another prospect that has the ability to come up this year and help my team.

Also Frieri is expected to be the closer for the first month and if he dominates then hopefully the Angels stick with him. I dont want to lose out on a closer that plays for the Angels and has so high potential. I don't think I can drop Frieri.

My current situation. I have already dropped Hardy. I am going to update my list and remove Hardy and a few others that I have decided to not release. I feel the last 3 drops will come from Uggla, Fiers, Burnett, Feliz or Harrison.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 224
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 3 May 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby TeeBall DH » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

Drop Uggla, Feliz, and Fiers.

And yeah I would try to pick Feliz back up, but not worth a keeper since he will be out for a while.
TeeBall DH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby Philly_05 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Uggla, Hardy and Fiers.. Carlos Gomez is that at the end of the UT spot? No way do I cut Feliz you sit on that talent and wait for him to get imo.
Image
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 2156
(Past Year: 647)
Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby allen730877 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 pm

I have already dropped Hardy. The guys up on the list is the updated who to cuts. So I now need to drop 3. I am glad someone is saying I should keep Feliz but it just makes it even harder to make my decision.

Also yes that is Carlos Gomez.
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 224
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 3 May 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League (Vote which 4 to cut?)

Postby fsbarren » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 am

misterf wrote:since you have rollins already at SS, and since you are short on closers, keeping Frieri and dropping Hardy instead probably does make the most sense in this case,

(though in general I would value Hardy above Friers.....but not by nearly enough to overcome the specific circumstances of your team)


I agree. I have to assume that most if not all of the set closers are going to be kept, so you're a little short on that, and the guys you currently have (Wilhelmsen, Grilli) are not 40-save guys that would bail you out if you only had two of them. Also, if 2013 is anything like 2012, then closers are going to be falling by the wayside every week and having the likely candidates could prove sage (which, funny enough, could be an argument to drop Frieri and just keep your eyes open). Either way, it looks likes you're going to have to speculate on saves at some point.

Another thought: You might want to offer Frieri and Wilhelmsen to the owner who has Madson ONLY IF he has a 40-save closer guy like Kimbrel or Paps to send back. If you get one of those guys, you're already in an improved position on saves and can then speculate on another saves guy if you want.

Good luck!
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 596
(Past Year: 192)
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League (Vote which 4 to cut?)

Postby allen730877 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:59 am

fsbarren wrote:
misterf wrote:since you have rollins already at SS, and since you are short on closers, keeping Frieri and dropping Hardy instead probably does make the most sense in this case,

(though in general I would value Hardy above Friers.....but not by nearly enough to overcome the specific circumstances of your team)


I agree. I have to assume that most if not all of the set closers are going to be kept, so you're a little short on that, and the guys you currently have (Wilhelmsen, Grilli) are not 40-save guys that would bail you out if you only had two of them. Also, if 2013 is anything like 2012, then closers are going to be falling by the wayside every week and having the likely candidates could prove sage (which, funny enough, could be an argument to drop Frieri and just keep your eyes open). Either way, it looks likes you're going to have to speculate on saves at some point.

Another thought: You might want to offer Frieri and Wilhelmsen to the owner who has Madson ONLY IF he has a 40-save closer guy like Kimbrel or Paps to send back. If you get one of those guys, you're already in an improved position on saves and can then speculate on another saves guy if you want.

Good luck!

The guy who has Madson does have Papel and also Rodney. ;o
Think i should offer them 2 for Papel?
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 224
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 3 May 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League (Vote which 4 to cut?)

Postby fsbarren » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 am

allen730877 wrote:
fsbarren wrote:
misterf wrote:since you have rollins already at SS, and since you are short on closers, keeping Frieri and dropping Hardy instead probably does make the most sense in this case,

(though in general I would value Hardy above Friers.....but not by nearly enough to overcome the specific circumstances of your team)


I agree. I have to assume that most if not all of the set closers are going to be kept, so you're a little short on that, and the guys you currently have (Wilhelmsen, Grilli) are not 40-save guys that would bail you out if you only had two of them. Also, if 2013 is anything like 2012, then closers are going to be falling by the wayside every week and having the likely candidates could prove sage (which, funny enough, could be an argument to drop Frieri and just keep your eyes open). Either way, it looks likes you're going to have to speculate on saves at some point.

Another thought: You might want to offer Frieri and Wilhelmsen to the owner who has Madson ONLY IF he has a 40-save closer guy like Kimbrel or Paps to send back. If you get one of those guys, you're already in an improved position on saves and can then speculate on another saves guy if you want.n

Good luck!

The guy who has Madson does have Papel and also Rodney. ;o
Think i should offer them 2 for Papel?


Yes. I'd ask for Paps and offer him either closer along with Frieri (one trade with Frieri/Wilhelmsen and one with Frieri/Grilli and let him choose) and basically say that if he's willing to give up a couple of saves by going from Paps to Wilhelmsen or Grilli, you can ensure he gets all of the Angels' saves. A couple of saves difference for insurance on Madson.

It depends on his level of concern about Madson and how well you can make the pitch. Worse comes to worse, maybe you settle for Rodney, but I'd push for Paps and be prepared to ride Madson for the early saves. If he says no and something does end up happening to Madson, you'll get all the saves and he'll be primed for a similar trade if the same circumstances come up in the future.

I can see it working or him rejecting it in two seconds. All depends on the personality of the owner.

Good luck!
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 596
(Past Year: 192)
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League Keeper Advice (Vote for 3 to cut)

Postby allen730877 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Ye the guy rejected saying he cant afford to take 2 guys because he doesnt know who he wuld drop. I dont think he is very interested.


I am also tryin to trade Harrison + Burnett for an upgrade but not working well either. I dno maybe I am askin too much. What type of pitcher should I try to acquire for the both of them?
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 224
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 3 May 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Cincinnati
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Tampa Bay at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact