OF Sleepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

OF Sleepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

OF Sleepers

Postby WebHamster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:18 pm

When looking for potential breakouts at the outfield position, it’s wise to focus on players that can provide value in both the power and speed numbers while possessing upside in either runs or RBI. For our group of sleepers, I’ve identified three youngsters that could very well hit double-digit home runs and top 30 steals. [...]

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... tfield.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 461)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: OF Sleepers

Postby OBPlover » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:15 am

Good list. I like Adam Eaton as well. I don't know about Peter Bourjos. Never really struck me as much as an offensive threat but I do like his imporved walk rate too. I am a bit worried he will lose some at bats to The Trillionaire bench player Vernon Wells.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)

Postby allen730877 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

I also like Eaton. Hopefully he can keep the AB's going in 2013 with all the OFers Arizona has.

WHIR http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=454765
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fsbarren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 am

I had Eaton last year and always looked forward to checking his daily statline. I'm pulling for him this season.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

Eaton makes a fine sleeper but if he starts moving into the low teen rounds I ignore him. That isn't a skillset you want to buy because it is so easy to replace. 10 HR, 30 SB type guys are a dime a dozen these days. Having said that his power should grow with age so in keeper leagues I like him a lot more.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Ender wrote:Eaton makes a fine sleeper but if he starts moving into the low teen rounds I ignore him. That isn't a skillset you want to buy because it is so easy to replace. 10 HR, 30 SB type guys are a dime a dozen these days. Having said that his power should grow with age so in keeper leagues I like him a lot more.

Most SB guys in the Majors almost ALWAYS hit .240 or worse. Eaton would be gold of he can translate those gaudy avgs from the minors to maybe .290.

EDIT: I refer to the many who are WW fodder that we often look to for SB boosts.
Last edited by Y`s Guy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Izenhart » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:
Ender wrote:Eaton makes a fine sleeper but if he starts moving into the low teen rounds I ignore him. That isn't a skillset you want to buy because it is so easy to replace. 10 HR, 30 SB type guys are a dime a dozen these days. Having said that his power should grow with age so in keeper leagues I like him a lot more.

Most SB guys in the Majors almost ALWAYS hit .240 or worse. Eaton would be gold of he can translate those gaudy avgs from the minors to maybe .290.

I'd like to see him develop 20 HR power to go with the .290 and 30 bags, and I think he will in a year or two. I know he is small (5'8) but he hits the ball pretty hard and is more of a line drive hitter than a slap hitter.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby jeffmerk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm

It seems like there's an awful lot of love for Eaton out there which means he's probably no longer a sleeper.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 88)

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:

EDIT: I refer to the many who are WW fodder that we often look to for SB boosts.

As a rookie he is much more likely to be in the .260-.270 range though. AVG is not a skill that translates well for rookies in general.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm

2010: 282 PA and he hits .385

2011: 556 PA and he hits .318

2012: 613 PA and he hits .375

I'm thinking this kid could spend two hours a day at the pre-game buffet, chug 5 gallons of lemonade, head to the batters box and trip on his way...and then hit .310 for the season. ;-)
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers