Lawrie or Headley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lawrie or Headley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lawrie or Headley

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:26 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I usually find myself in mocks with the decision of Lawrie or Sandoval.

I don't like heavy Sandoval much and he is looking heavy this year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 am

Ender wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:I usually find myself in mocks with the decision of Lawrie or Sandoval.

That is true.

This middle 3B tier is perplexing.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
Ender wrote:

That is true.

This middle 3B tier is perplexing.

Middlebrooks getting hurt today just makes it all the uglier.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 am

I think Ill take Kyle Seager for similar numbers to Lawrie, 8 rounds later.

I think Headley finishes the year no 3 3B, only behind Miggy and Beltre. I just dont trust Longoria to ever be healthy, and Wright is sooooooo overrated
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:37 am

Padsin05 wrote:I think Ill take Kyle Seager for similar numbers to Lawrie, 8 rounds later.

I think Headley finishes the year no 3 3B, only behind Miggy and Beltre. I just dont trust Longoria to ever be healthy, and Wright is sooooooo overrated

I won't ever touch Longoria but Wright is a complete stud. He is a stud in a pitchers park with a bad lineup around him which does certainly limit his value but he is easily one of the 4 best players at his position with all things being equal. Stick him in Texas and he is better than Beltre.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

Longoria is the most overrated player in the history of fantasy baseball. I would much rather have either Headley or Lawrie in the 5th than take Longoria in the 2nd. When you consider that Hanley, Trumbo, Prado, Reynolds, Frazier etc are 3B eligible and all of the 1B there are (deepest position ever) the CI spot is stacked. Just wait on the CI spots and fill your MI and OF first.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 am

I don't know, in the one league we are in together 3B got really dicey by the 11th round. I reached a little on Moustakas just because the options that were left were getting ugly in a hurry. Seager goes as a 2B, Frazier can very well go as an OF. Prado goes as a 2B etc. The list of actual 3B isn't all that deep in a 14+ team league with a CI. Top end MI and OF are sort of shallow but the mid to late end options for both are extremely deep, much deeper than 3B imo.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 am

Ender wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:I think Ill take Kyle Seager for similar numbers to Lawrie, 8 rounds later.

I won't ever touch Longoria but Wright is a complete stud. He is a stud in a pitchers park with a bad lineup around him which does certainly limit his value but he is easily one of the 4 best players at his position with all things being equal. Stick him in Texas and he is better than Beltre.

Wright is still overrated, stud in a pitchers park with a bad lineup is the exact description of Headley as well. We are talking fantasy though, there is no if he was playing in Texas, cause Wright isnt going anywhere. However Chase may be. Headleys' road numbers have been extreme splits. Hes a 300-30-100 guy almost any other city. Wright, doesnt have 30 hr power anymore it seems, or 20 sb capability

Chase will outproduce Wright in every category except BA imo.
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 pm

RBI, R, SB are probably a push. Wright will hit for a higher AVG and more HR than Headley. That power spike simply is not for real, it is a Joe Mauer 2009 type spike. I would at least be tempted to take the under on 32 HR combined the next 2 seasons from Headley though I'd be forced to take the over. I'll definitely take the under on 25 for next year though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Ender wrote:RBI, R, SB are probably a push. Wright will hit for a higher AVG and more HR than Headley. That power spike simply is not for real, it is a Joe Mauer 2009 type spike. I would at least be tempted to take the under on 32 HR combined the next 2 seasons from Headley though I'd be forced to take the over. I'll definitely take the under on 25 for next year though.

Something I read on FanGraphs the other day has me worried about Wright. Hitting zero No Doubt HRs and ranking very high in the Just Enough variety last season. I hope he has a great 2013, but I'm getting scared of committing to him early.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers