Trade Help for Stras. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Help for Stras.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Help for Stras.

Postby allen730877 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

oakscorps wrote:No way I make this trade...not even close

Even if it was (His team) Stras + Victorino for (my team) Jones + Gio Gonz?
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fsbarren » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Can you list the rest of your team?
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby TeeBall DH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

With out knowing the rest of your roster, I say no deal.

Stras is the best player in the deal but Adam Jones and Gio are both legit and are also still young at both being 26/27.

Please help. http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454749
TeeBall DH
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fsbarren » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:42 am

allen730877 wrote:If I could talk him into atleast giving Victorino do you guys think that would even the offer out? Indeed this is a dynasty league but I do not feel Gio or Jones would not be drafted in the top 5 rounds within the next 2-3 years.

I just don't think Victorino is enough either.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Postby misterf » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:37 am

I also agree you are overpaying.

Adam Jones really isn't that far behind Strasburg on my cheatsheet.....and Gio is still a borderline #1 fantasy SP.

You are giving up two very good players for Stas.....a guy with elite stuff, but who still hasn't proven that he survive a full season on the mound.

(for the record, I think Stras will have no problem staying healthy......but you still gotta be cautious until the guy proves it....especially when you are talking about a pitcher who has already had a major injury)

If the guy was dumb enough not to take that deal immediately, that's his loss.....and your gain. I would pull back the trade before he realizes what a steal he would be getting

help with mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454769
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)

Postby toledomudhens » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 am

allen730877 wrote:Ok so this guys has seems to want to get rid of Stras really bad. I was offered Stras for Adam Jones and Gio Gonzalez. I like the offer but I feel I am not getting enough back. Your thoughts?

12 Team H2H Dynasty League. (Keep all players every year) We use QS instead of W for scoring. I can post my team if you would like to see also.

Without seeing both rosters its hard to really give u any advise on a different way to aquire strasburg without shooting yourself in the foot....Please list both rosters so we can see what u have and what he has, and what kind of lineup u play with....I say no on the original deal, and also no with him adding victorino.... ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 196)

Postby allen730877 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 am

toledomudhens wrote:
allen730877 wrote:Ok so this guys has seems to want to get rid of Stras really bad. I was offered Stras for Adam Jones and Gio Gonzalez. I like the offer but I feel I am not getting enough back. Your thoughts?

12 Team H2H Dynasty League. (Keep all players every year) We use QS instead of W for scoring. I can post my team if you would like to see also.

Without seeing both rosters its hard to really give u any advise on a different way to aquire strasburg without shooting yourself in the foot....Please list both rosters so we can see what u have and what he has, and what kind of lineup u play with....I say no on the original deal, and also no with him adding victorino.... ;-D

The manager doesn't want to cooperate so I let him cool his jets off. He wants way too much and he does not want to budge or even swap Jones or Gio out so I let him be.

WHIR http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454765
allen730877
College Coach
College Coach

Postby toledomudhens » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am

That is fine, its not like your loosing anything by him trying to be the man in those trade talks....keep your ground and dont give in to people like that.....over the corse of the year, i would rather have gio and jones myself...you win..... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 196)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions