Grandy and Gio for Price and Jennings?...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Grandy and Gio for Price and Jennings?...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which two would you rather have?

Granderson and Gio
44%
Price and Jennings
56%

Total votes : 9

Grandy and Gio for Price and Jennings?...WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm

16 team h2h points 4 keepers

My keepers are Granderson, Gio, Posey, and Castro

I am looking to shop Granderson so I can up my Pitching by a bit without taking to big a hit in OF.

I would get Desmond Jennings and David Price, I am a little on fence obviously, what ya think, thanks
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Grandy and Gio for Price and Jennings?...WHIR

Postby BChinly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I like Price and Jennings but it might just be because I'm a sucker for their youngsters, but Jennings was affected by an injury last year and a little bit of a sophomore slump, I believe Price has more of an upside than Gio, although Gio averages a little more K/9 but Price averages less than 3 BB/9
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 116)

Postby jonboycubs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 pm

I may be overthinking here, but i am a little concerned about the gio ped thing, and maybe this is a way to cut ties just in case
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby plamb23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 am

jonboycubs wrote:I may be overthinking here, but i am a little concerned about the gio ped thing, and maybe this is a way to cut ties just in case

I am with you on the peds thing---I still like the Grandy/Gio side better thought

Jennings has alot to prove
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 275)

Postby dmbpanic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks for your help on mine.

A lot depends on how you project the keepers for the rest of the league and how long you can keep players for. That said, I would take Price and Jennings for the following reasons:

1) PEDs. I personally don't think MLB will have enough evidence to suspend Gio, but that's just my uninformed opinion. Either way, he has more risk.
2) Price is a true ace and that is hard to come by in a large keeper league. There aren't 16 aces out there, so it's a very valuable commodity.
3) You have enough BA in Castro and Posey to offset the BA risk you take with Jennings (or if you stick with Granderson).
4) You lose power by giving up Granderson, but you gain speed with Jennings. I think it will be easier to get power in the draft than it will be to get speed. Plus, it's not like Jennings has no power. I think he will hit more HRs than Granderson will steal bases. In fact, it's completely possible that Jenning will have more combined SBs+HRs than Granderson will.
5) Price, Gio and Jennings are still growing. Granderson has likely hit his ceiling and though he may have another 2-4 years of solid R/HR/RBI, I think you get more long-term keeper value out of Jennings and Price.
dmbpanic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby jonboycubs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks guys, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I told him i thought Gio and Price were pretty much a wash and that if I was going to give up Granderson for GIo I would need his 8th round pick for my 14th and he agreed. We keep players as long as we like, and youth was one of my main reasons for doing this. Now just gotta find more faith in Jennings,lol, thanks
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

I think you did very well on this trade. I was going to tell you to take the Price and Jennings side anyway. The fact that you got him to throw in a draft pick swap makes it even better.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby stevethumb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:I think you did very well on this trade. I was going to tell you to take the Price and Jennings side anyway. The fact that you got him to throw in a draft pick swap makes it even better.

agreed...i liked the dprice side
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions