2013 CLOSERS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby jackie hayes » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:Hanrahan gives up a homer to blow it and then also walked a guy after and got pulled. How serious is the Bailey injury?

They're downplaying it (inflammation, just the bicep, nothing structural, reportedly). I'm holding onto him wherever I can, at least until there's some clarity.

https://twitter.com/ScottLauber/status/ ... 9127717889

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_ ... abled_list
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 pm

reading some on twitter, I see mention that Uehara can't pitch on back to back days. yet for what it's worth Uehara just pitched on the 4th and then the 5th.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Postby Prooks25 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Who's next in line in Tampa. Rodney's magic ride seems to be coming to an end this year.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Quackman » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Tazawa?
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby jackie hayes » Mon May 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Fujikawa to return to closer role? The Sun-Times quotes Dale Sveum as saying, "If he comes back and everything is good, it sets the bullpen up differently than it is now." They add, "Fujikawa likely would return to closing, allowing Sveum to use Kevin Gregg and James Russell in setup roles."

I'm not sure if they're inferring that from Sveum's quote, nor if that would be reading too much into it. :-? So I'm just going to throw it out there at let it fester. :-D

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/19941829 ... uffle.html
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Prooks25 wrote:Who's next in line in Tampa. Rodney's magic ride seems to be coming to an end this year.

They don't have anyone on the roster right now to handle it. For what its worth, he got f-ed by the defense in the 8th inning and in the 9th. Also, for some reason he threw 5 straight fastballs to Arencibia instead of throwing in his change up, which is worked well.

Options for Tampa: McGee (pitched like crap), Peralta (pitched like crap and they had to pull him in 8th for Rodney), Farnsworth (pitched like crap for most of year

Nothing better. I see Rodney as closer for rest of the year, but he will have problems. I believe he was overworked in the WBC and he shows no emotion on the mound like last season. Maybe its because he got paid this year. Regardless, they have no one else and he will keep going out there outside of an injury
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Prooks25 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Prooks25 wrote:Who's next in line in Tampa. Rodney's magic ride seems to be coming to an end this year.

They don't have anyone on the roster right now to handle it. For what its worth, he got f-ed by the defense in the 8th inning and in the 9th. Also, for some reason he threw 5 straight fastballs to Arencibia instead of throwing in his change up, which is worked well.

Options for Tampa: McGee (pitched like crap), Peralta (pitched like crap and they had to pull him in 8th for Rodney), Farnsworth (pitched like crap for most of year

Nothing better. I see Rodney as closer for rest of the year, but he will have problems. I believe he was overworked in the WBC and he shows no emotion on the mound like last season. Maybe its because he got paid this year. Regardless, they have no one else and he will keep going out there outside of an injury

Appreciate the insight. Upon further inspection, you are absolutely right. It gets bad fast after Rodney.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Prooks25 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:31 pm

So what's the consensus on the Boston pen? Uehara or Tazawa?
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby diewitsjames » Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm

via rotoworld

Hanrahan leaves game with undisclosed injury

Joel Hanrahan left Monday's game against the Twins with an apparent injury.
It's not clear if he aggravated his hamstring injury or if something else is wrong. Hanrahan struggled in the outing before the injury, serving up a game-tying homer and walking a batter before being removed. The Red Sox should update his status after the game. Fantasy owners will want to go out and grab Koji Uehara just in case.
diewitsjames
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Izenhart » Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Right forearm tightness for Hanrahan on WEEI Red Sox radio. Uehara warming up, which would make 3 days in a row he pitches if brought in.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers