2013 CLOSERS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby J35J » Mon May 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Millhouse wrote:Holland just blew the save. Entered 9th with 1-0 lead. Single, single, single, double play, intentional walk, infield single....tie game.


His leash is all the way back to normal though, so I'd imagine it'd take another couple blown games within the next couple weeks before the Herrera talk starts back up.

#*%(&#*($#!! Holland.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Millhouse » Mon May 06, 2013 5:19 pm

J35J wrote:
Millhouse wrote:Holland just blew the save. Entered 9th with 1-0 lead. Single, single, single, double play, intentional walk, infield single....tie game.


#*%(&#*($#!! Holland.


Took the words right out of my mouth. #HollandOwner
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1163
(Past Year: 98)
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby West » Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I wouldn't read too much into Rotoworld's blurb there. Holland didn't look that bad, all the hits were singles and the walk was intentional. Sometimes I wonder if those guys even watch the games.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

West wrote:I wouldn't read too much into Rotoworld's blurb there. Holland didn't look that bad, all the hits were singles and the walk was intentional. Sometimes I wonder if those guys even watch the games.


I haven't read the blurb and Rotoworld is great to get updates, but when they start giving their opinion, urgh. :-t
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby isayfujobu » Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
West wrote:I wouldn't read too much into Rotoworld's blurb there. Holland didn't look that bad, all the hits were singles and the walk was intentional. Sometimes I wonder if those guys even watch the games.


I haven't read the blurb and Rotoworld is great to get updates, but when they start giving their opinion, urgh. :-t


Agree, and the wild speculation they interject is really annoying and unsubstantiated at times.
isayfujobu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 76
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 06, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems tired of rotoworld's opinions. I think it's very unfortunate that yahoo fantasy basebally only use rotoworld for their updates.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Prooks25 wrote:Bailey placed on the DL with an undisclosed bicep injury. Safe to assume his chances of closing are now over.

That's disappointing. I dropped him to stash Beachy for now.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2557
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby BJSFAN123 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Hanrahan gives up a homer to blow it and then also walked a guy after and got pulled. How serious is the Bailey injury?
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2352
Joined: 6 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:Hanrahan gives up a homer to blow it and then also walked a guy after and got pulled. How serious is the Bailey injury


Oh boy. Uehara or Tazawa now?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm

with Bailey injured, and now maybe Hanrahan too, who is next? would it be Uehara or Tazawa? both have impressive numbers.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact