2013 CLOSERS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Farquar has been a Godsend.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3226
(Past Year: 275)
Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby cardsfan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 am

Y`s Guy wrote:Farquar has been a Godsend.
he's gonna be a great one to own next year as well. ;-D
cardsfan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 204
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Churchill Downs....Louisville, Ky.

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Garry26 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:05 am

I just want to thank Havok and all who contributed to this thread. I ended up 2nd, 1st, 2nd, and 2nd (lost 1st the last day) in my leagues, and it was in no small part due to this thread.

I ended up with 9pts, 12pts, 8pts, and 12pts (12pt max) in saves in my leagues and I didn't draft closers particularly well in 3 of them. Heck, in one league (12pts in saves) four of my closers were in my team thanks to this wonderful thread.

Again, many thanks!

And...

See you next year!
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 530
(Past Year: 66)
Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Hawkings signs with the Rockies and will start the season as the closer.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_24 ... rve-closer
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Hawkings signs with the Rockies and will start the season as the closer.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_24 ... rve-closer

How does this guy keep getting paid, and keep getting jobs pitching at the end of baseball games? Regardless of what any statistic or metric may say, I watched this guy pitch for the Mets all year, and he sucks. And that was during what was probably the best season of his entire career. He's sucked with the Rockies once, and he'll suck with them again. It stinks that this is just another team with a closer I won't roster. I hate limiting my options.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Hawkings signs with the Rockies and will start the season as the closer.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_24 ... rve-closer

How does this guy keep getting paid, and keep getting jobs pitching at the end of baseball games? Regardless of what any statistic or metric may say, I watched this guy pitch for the Mets all year, and he sucks. And that was during what was probably the best season of his entire career. He's sucked with the Rockies once, and he'll suck with them again. It stinks that this is just another team with a closer I won't roster. I hate limiting my options.


I was kind of upset too since I have Brothers for $6 in my NL keeper league. Then I thought about it some more and this could work out better for me. Someone else will spend closer money on Hawkins and there is next to no chance he keeps that job all year. I will probably be able to get Brothers for $1.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby ayebatter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
I was kind of upset too since I have Brothers for $6 in my NL keeper league. Then I thought about it some more and this could work out better for me. Someone else will spend closer money on Hawkins and there is next to no chance he keeps that job all year. I will probably be able to get Brothers for $1.



*ahem* }:-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12209
(Past Year: 1299)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 pm

ayebatter wrote:*ahem* }:-)

I'm not talking about the league we are in. I'm stacked in that league. 4 peat this year. ;-)
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Tennessee Jed » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Did MLB ever announce the Rolaids Relief Men of the year?
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 500
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Did MLB ever announce the Rolaids Relief Men of the year?

Nope.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact