2013 CLOSERS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby chargerss24 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

AHF wrote:At least Strop wasn't in your lineup. 5 ER in 1/3 of an inning. Ouch. I wonder if it will impact his odds of winning the closer job if Gregg is dealt.


Ugh. And I was this close to picking him up on Sunday before our lineups were due for the week. :-°
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1618
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Playing on the Field of Dreams

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Millhouse » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm

chargerss24 wrote:
AHF wrote:At least Strop wasn't in your lineup. 5 ER in 1/3 of an inning. Ouch. I wonder if it will impact his odds of winning the closer job if Gregg is dealt.


Ugh. And I was this close to picking him up on Sunday before our lineups were due for the week. :-°


Mitchell Boggs laughs at this stat line.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1162
(Past Year: 101)
Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers are the frontrunners to sign reliever Brian Wilson.
CBS Sports' Scott Miller reported Monday night that Pirates and Giants were "serious suitors" for Wilson, but Nightengale hears that the Dodgers have moved ahead of the pack. The right-hander has been out all season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, but he has impressed in recent bullpen sessions and feels game-ready. He could be an impact reliever down the stretch.


if that happens who closes in LA?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 91)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers are the frontrunners to sign reliever Brian Wilson.
CBS Sports' Scott Miller reported Monday night that Pirates and Giants were "serious suitors" for Wilson, but Nightengale hears that the Dodgers have moved ahead of the pack. The right-hander has been out all season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, but he has impressed in recent bullpen sessions and feels game-ready. He could be an impact reliever down the stretch.


if that happens who closes in LA?


Kenley
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14135
(Past Year: 428)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Dodgers are the frontrunners to sign reliever Brian Wilson.
CBS Sports' Scott Miller reported Monday night that Pirates and Giants were "serious suitors" for Wilson, but Nightengale hears that the Dodgers have moved ahead of the pack. The right-hander has been out all season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, but he has impressed in recent bullpen sessions and feels game-ready. He could be an impact reliever down the stretch.


if that happens who closes in LA?


Kenley


+1 No reason to take him out of the role. 2.19 era, great K/bb
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2878
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby cardsfan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 am

Any speculation on who might close in LA if Frieri keeps this crap up?
cardsfan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 204
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Churchill Downs....Louisville, Ky.

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 am

cardsfan wrote:Any speculation on who might close in LA if Frieri keeps this crap up?


I would think it would be Jepsen or Kohn unless they activate Madson in the near future.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8511
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby daullaz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:52 am

cardsfan wrote:Any speculation on who might close in LA if Frieri keeps this crap up?


Probably would have been Dane De La Rosa, but he isn't pitching very well lately either. He seems to be the consistent 8th inning pitcher with a small lead in recent weeks though. Michael Kohn might be worth a look.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby IonZephyr » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:28 am

im hoping its just a small slump and he keeps the closer gig. makes me sad watching angel games the past week though. dont know whats wrong with his stuff....



anyways how long until we see putz take the closer gig back in arizona?????
My 14 team league (Redraft H2H)
C McCann
1B M.Carpenter
2B Hill
3B Beltre
SS Desmond
OF: DeAza/Moss/R.Davis
BN: Rizzo
DL: Kemp
SP: Wainwright, Kuroda, Peavy, Garza, Gallardo, Cingrani, Leake, Wacha
RP: Romo, Cishek, Frieri
IonZephyr Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 72
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 15 May 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 am

IonZephyr wrote:anyways how long until we see putz take the closer gig back in arizona?????


Just dropped Putz a couple of days ago and am pretty confident in that decision. Ziegler seems to have a lock on the position and Putz has barely pitched recently.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 924
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds, unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact