100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Crippler » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
I think Bell is still the closer for awhile, even with the terrible play. Everyone has just been assuming Putz would get it right back because Bell has been doing so bad but the team never said anything. Im sure they want Putz back at closer but it could be weeks from now.

Have you had your head in the sand for the past few days?

Putz HAS gone straight back to the closers role and Bell HAS gone back to a middle relief role. No speculation here at all. It's done.

lol :-D

Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Tuesday that J.J. Putz will be used in only low-leverage situations while he rebuilds the strength of his right arm.
Heath Bell is going to be tried as the fill-in closer once again. Putz recently returned from a right elbow strain and doesn't have his best stuff. He blew a save Monday in his first opportunity since being activated from a month-long disabled list stint. The ninth inning is a mess right now for the National League West-leading Snakes
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:37 am

He blew a save Monday in his first opportunity since being activated from a month-long disabled list stint.
The guy was out at the plate by about 5 feet, but Miguel Montero couldn't hang on to the ball.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kodiak » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 am

Anyone see any news on Brian Wilson? I haven't seen anything newer than June 21, and that was a Boston Globe story encouraging the Red Sox to see how his rehab was going.

Gracias,
Kodiak :-D
Kodiak
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Quackman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
I think Bell is still the closer for awhile, even with the terrible play. Everyone has just been assuming Putz would get it right back because Bell has been doing so bad but the team never said anything. Im sure they want Putz back at closer but it could be weeks from now.

Putz HAS gone straight back to the closers role and Bell HAS gone back to a middle relief role. No speculation here at all. It's done.

someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby eneric » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Kodiak wrote:Anyone see any news on Brian Wilson? I haven't seen anything newer than June 21, and that was a Boston Globe story encouraging the Red Sox to see how his rehab was going.

Gracias,
Kodiak :-D

Funny you should bring that up Kodiak. I was just talking with one of my fantasy baseball friends who keeps in touch with Will Carroll who is a local resident here in Indy where we live. Will told my friend that Wilson was living it up out in Hawaii as of late & has put aside most if not all of his rehab for now. The way he made it sound is as if Wilson's interest in coming back is minimum for now. I wouldn't look for him to return this season at all.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby eneric » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 pm

daullaz wrote:New Bottom of the 9th is now live.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... t90702.php

Thanks Head Scribe for that link, I enjoyed reading that so keep it coming.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Re: Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby garf112 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:

someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol

Everything he wrote was 100% true when he wrote it. It was a bit strongly worded, but true.

I didn't understand why the move was made right away and am glad that Gibson decided that Putz needed to be moved out of the closer's role at least temporarily.

Bottom line is that both Bell and Putz should be owned in just about any competitive league.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby NZ Eff » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:

What I wrote was completely correct. The fact that Gibson has had an apparent change of mind since Sunday is irrelevant.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Quackman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:

What I wrote was completely correct. The fact that Gibson has had an apparent change of mind since Sunday is irrelevant.

WRONG. My post was just made yesterday. It had already been released that bell was closer. but nice try. Even if you didnt follow whats going on, just watching putz pitch made it pretty obvious.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby NZ Eff » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:

WRONG. My post was just made yesterday. It had already been released that bell was closer. but nice try. Even if you didnt follow whats going on, just watching putz pitch made it pretty obvious.

:-?
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers