Tim Lincecum Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tim Lincecum Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tim Lincecum Value

Postby beisbol4ever94928 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:10 pm

So, I inherited a team and had to re-draft from the six abandoned teams' rosters I like my team but realized I don't have a draft pick (rookies and free agents) for the coming up draft. I have loads of pitching (especially for a 16 team league) so am considering shopping Lincecum for a package including draft picks. But, what is his realistic value? I don't wanna screw myself over by asking for too much and have the other manager (who has shown interest) opt out of talks. But I also don't want to ask for too little.

League specifics: 16 team h2h dynasty.

The manager had previously offered me Brandon Morrow for Lincecum (plus another undetermined player that was a "small" player.) Talks fizzled away as I was working a lot, but now he has traded Morrow and interested again.

He has several first round picks, a couple in each other round. I don't have a pick until the third round and my minor leagues suck.

Lincecums salary is 12/12/12/15 so I'd like to shed that if i can.

He wants to know what pick(s) I'd want and for me to pay $5m per year. So, I would shed 7m a season, but am stuck on which picks to ask.

Here are his picks:

Round 1: 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14
Round 2: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12
Round 3: 3, 4, 9

As you can see, he has 17 picks int he first three rounds. I have two.

What should I trade Lincecum for?

My other SPs are: Verlander, Greinke, Lee, Peavy, Lohse, Alexi Ogando, Zach McAllister, Trevor Bauer, Mike Montgomery, Eric Surkamp (M)
beisbol4ever94928
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tim Lincecum Value

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Maybe two first rounders 7, 8. I mean you can't just give him away especially if you are eating salary in the deal as well. That's a lot of early picks and you only have TWO? YOu might as well get 2 in the first nad select two top flight players you can because after that even more of a dropoff.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1987)

Postby fast dogs » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 am

my first thought was start with picks 5 and 7. You'll move back if he takes more salary. Or use the "I'm new to this league, what do think is fair?"
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 302)

Postby SlayeratCP » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 am

Can you give us a picture of the best available guys in the draft? In my mind, I would guess the league would offer mostly recently drafted (in the MLB) guys and retreads that won't impact your team too much. As bad as lincecum was last year, he is still fairly young and could bounce back to his old form.

If the other owner was willing to part with morrow and another small player, my guess is that would be worth more than two middle of the first round picks. If, however, there are some solid guys in the draft, my opinion changes.

I would ask for 2,7,8 and if he laughs at it, just tell him you're new to the league and ask what he thinks fair value is.

Of course, if the draft is loaded with talent, less/worse picks might be just as valuable.
SlayeratCP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beisbol4ever94928 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:18 am

This is only the second year of the league, so pretty much all impact players are under contract, so most of the draft would be for top prospects like Appel, etc. that were drafted by their ML teams last june.
beisbol4ever94928
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions