Yahoo! Pro Leagues....? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Pro Leagues....?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Pro Leagues....?

Postby gmoney973 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Well as you can see from my post the yahoo league was not fair to me at all.

The latest email they sent to me says that cannot help me any further and for me to contact legal services.
gmoney973
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby misterf » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 am

gmoney:

Not sure what you are whining about.....sounds to me like you acted like a sore loser and deserved to be banned from that league.

You said it yourself: "I thought this league is a joke so I made a few silly trades for fun because the league lost all its integrity at that point". I bet the other players in the league....all of whom had paid money to be in the league and were all still competing for a cash prize.....didn't think the league had lost it's integrity. And I bet they didn't find your trades "silly", either.

You absolutely deserve to be kicked out of the league if you throw a tantrum on the message boards and then making a bunch of ridiculous trades to try and teach the league a lesson just because you disagree with the decision of an unbiased commissioner (Yahoo, in this case).

And I bet the other players were thrilled when you were booted from that league. Yahoo may have lost you as a customer, but it saved the other 11 managers in the league as future customers in the process.

I get it, you didn't like how Yahoo handled a situation......and Yahoo might or might not have handled it properly .....but it sounds to me like they made a judgement call re: a dispute........which is their job as the unbiased commissioner of these league.......and you agreed that Yahoo would be the arbiter of all disputes when you signed up.

I understand that you disagreed with that "judgement call", but that doesn't mean it was unreasonable. And it certainly doesn't mean the league had "lost it's integrity".

By the way, very few trades actually deserve to be reversed.......even most of the trades that you think are terrible deserve to be allowed.

p.s. For the record, I agree that it is a bit harsh to lock you out of all your leagues (unless your tantrum was more extreme and your trades "sillier" than you portrayed them to be).......but I also bet that Yahoo has experienced enough situations where people booted from one league then try to sabotage all their other leagues.....so I sorta understand that overreaction, even if it isn't entirely fair.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:58 am

Sounds like pro leagues are full of idiots...
mzu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 19)

Postby misterf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since the Pro Leagues were pulled for a "legal technicality" and we were told they would be back up promptly.

What are the Vegas odds on whether or not the Pro Leagues get up and running again.

My money says there is a lawsuit somewhere holding these pro league up (just a guess.....absolutely zero insider info here).
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

misterf wrote:Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since the Pro Leagues were pulled for a "legal technicality" and we were told they would be back up promptly.

What are the Vegas odds on whether or not the Pro Leagues get up and running again.

My money says there is a lawsuit somewhere holding these pro league up (just a guess.....absolutely zero insider info here).

Do I get to bet with you? Please? Please?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:52 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
misterf wrote:Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since the Pro Leagues were pulled for a "legal technicality" and we were told they would be back up promptly.

Do I get to bet with you? Please? Please?

:-D :-D :-D

If people would learn to stop overreacting with their PMS and tried to solve problems in a civil manner, Yahoo! wouldn't have to employ moderators to clean up other's messes. On top of this patience is key, issues don't always get solved overnight. Two wrongs never make a right.

/eats fortune cookie
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby bayside » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 am

GUYS!
The Genie has already posted multiple times telling us what the problem is and that the Pro Leagues will in fact be up and running soon.
So everyone quit bitching and show a little patience!

EDIT - this was not directed at anyone in particular... unless you were one of the people who was bitching. In that case it was directed directly at you.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gmoney973 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 am

yahoo pro leagues are for idiots. i stupidly signed up for one but don't bother wasting your money.

a user can easily sign up to the same pro league with 2 different accounts and cheat their way to a title as i witnessed first hand

its not worth it just find a quality private league with someone who can be a fair commishioner not some idiots at yahoo who are sitting at a desk in india
gmoney973
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby misterf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:25 pm

No Genie....I wont take your bet.

I may be dumb.....I may be impatient......but I ain't stupid!

I am a bit surprised by the length of the delay.....so clearly that means wild and baseless speculation is in order, right?
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 pm

misterf wrote:No Genie....I wont take your bet.

I may be dumb.....I may be impatient......but I ain't stupid!

I am a bit surprised by the length of the delay.....so clearly that means wild and baseless speculation is in order, right?

I too am surprised, but... have you ever worked with lawyers? ;-)
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers