Yahoo! Pro Leagues....? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Pro Leagues....?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Pro Leagues....?

Postby bjm43079 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Does anyone know what the story is on the Yahoo! Pro Leagues? I understand that there were problems with them when Fantasy Baseball was launched last Thursday and they were then taken down. I am just looking to see when we can expect them to be back up and if they will even be back at all this season.
bjm43079
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo! Pro Leagues....?

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
- Pro Leagues got pulled down temporarily due to a legal technicality. They'll be back.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 234)

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm

floppymoose wrote:We are waiting to dot some i's and cross some t's before baseball pro leagues launch, but it looks like the yahoo cut will indeed be exactly one buyin ths season.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bjm43079 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you for the information. I have been looking around the Yahoo! forums and there seems to be a lack of info there. A "legal technicality" never sounds good. I wonder why they had the Pro Leagues on their site when they opened Fantasy Baseball last Thursday. This whole situation seems weird and makes one think twice about giving them money. That and the lack of an update or any information coming from Yahoo! is discouraging. If this will take more than another week or so to resolve I would like to know so that I could move on to other fantasy options. I typically draft my teams the first week of March. Hopefully it was not a big issue and the Pro Leagues will be back up soon. Thanks again for the info!
bjm43079
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 am

I don't have the answer to your question but I find it funny that they call them pro leagues when they have quite honestly the crappiest and most newb oriented format of any fantasy league I've ever seen. They should be called the I have money and no clue about fantasy baseball leagues.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bjm43079 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 am

Does anyone have anything good to say about the Yahoo! Pro Leagues!? I was hoping that I found a competitive option to play fantasy baseball. Everything I read on this forum and the Yahoo! forum says otherwise. You would think Yahoo! would come out with a statement supporting a product that makes them money.
bjm43079
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 am

We said it before, we can say it again. They were pulled temporarily due to a legal technicality, and will be back soon. In fact, I think I can probably even tell you what it was. It had to do with the formal rules being posted and/or whether legal had reviewed them. Not the game play rules, the rules about who can play, what the payout is, etc. etc. The rules are the same as have been used already in other games; no reason to think they are problematic. Legal. Technicality.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Ray Zorback » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 pm

bjm43079 wrote:Does anyone have anything good to say about the Yahoo! Pro Leagues!? I was hoping that I found a competitive option to play fantasy baseball.

I played in 4 pro leagues last year. I found them to be competitive and very similar to CBS's pay leagues. I cashed in 2 out of 4 and I'm not a newb. http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/T ... R2L6ZM3H5Y

I'll be playing in 4-5 again this year.

Like Ender, I wish the formats were different. Also, Yahoo's cut was larger than CBS's last year but it sounds like that is changing.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gmoney973 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:49 am

I HIGHLY advise you against using Yahoo Pro Leagues

I WAS in 5 Yahoo Pro Leagues for basketball this season. 4 for $20 each and one for $100.
In one of the $20 leagues, a manager said his phone messed up, he accidently accepted a trade and wanted us all to contact yahoo to veto it. A few ppl in the league said they werent gona vote against it because they didn't believe the story and that it was a fair trade. This manager got mad and said he was gonna trade all his players to the team that supported him. So he traded Lebron (the best player in bball) and 2 other 1st/2nd round players for 4 guys who have 5th and 6th round values. I sent multiple emails and requests to yahoo to look at the message board posts which state this guy was dumping players and to veto this trade. Yahoo ends up vetoing the trade that the manager originally said was a mistake and they let this other BS ripoff trade thru. The same manager then made a second trade dumping more players and that trade also was not vetoed. Then I thought this league is a joke so I made a few silly trades for fun because the league lost all its integrity at that point. Yahoo then vetos my trade, deletes the message posts related to this team dumping players on purpose, BANS ME FROM THIS LEAGUE AND ALSO BANS ME FROM ALL MY OTHER LEAGUES. $180 down the drain.

I contact yahoo customer care and they site this ridiculous TERMS OF SERVICE policy. I mean COME ON. Who even reads this entire TOS. And who would think they would just blanketly BAN you from ALL LEAGUES and not even try to resolve the dispute or contact you. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

This is the TERMS OF SERVICE that yahoo customer care referred to:

[u]Fair Play and Sportsmanship[/u]
Even though fantasy games are meant to be a competitive experience for all involved, it is important to us that our users not lose sight of the rules of fair play and good sportsmanship.

To this end, each fantasy Team manager agrees that, by joining the game, he/she will abide by the following regulations:

All League-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's Team and its standing within the League.
No owner may drop or "dump" players from their Team for any reason other than improving their own Team or its standing within the League.
No owner will engage in any action that might be deemed to be collusive (e.g., two or more owners agreeing to a transaction that benefits one Team, but not the other).
No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a League.
While Yahoo! does not remove Teams from Leagues after they have drafted, any failure to follow all of the items listed above might result in the limitation or removal of playing privileges for the offending participant(s). These restrictions might include:

Disqualification from the Contest.
The suspension of specific game privileges (trading, message board posting, etc.) for the remainder of the season.
The suspension of all playing privileges for the remainder of the season.
The complete deactivation and removal of the corresponding Yahoo! Account(s).
Any other action that Yahoo!, at its sole discretion, feels is necessary to restore fair play to the League.
It is the responsibility of Team managers to monitor activity within their League(s). As a manager, if you notice any suspicious or collusive activity in your League(s), please notify us at once so that we can investigate and take the appropriate action—if any is deemed necessary—against the offending Teams and accounts.

If you have a dispute, please first use your League's message board to try resolve it.

Yahoo! acts as commissioner in public leagues throughout all Yahoo! Fantasy sports games, including all Leagues within the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball Pro Leagues. As such, managers can be assured that our Fair Play and Sportsmanship guidelines will be enforced in all public leagues. Please note that a violation of the official rules, terms of service, conditions of use, these Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules, and/or the general guidelines of any Yahoo! property or service may be enforced against all other activities associated with the offending Yahoo! ID. In other words, if your Yahoo! ID is found to be in violation of the official rules of another Yahoo! game or property, that violation is grounds for Yahoo! to suspend or terminate your access to all games played under your Yahoo! ID – including Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball Pro Leagues. See Conduct, below.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... gues_rules
gmoney973
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 am

I had issues in 2 different pro leagues and yahoo corrected both issues quickly.

In one league, a guy was basically giving away his team in unfair trades. In the other, a guy was just dropping all his good players. In both situations, yahoo restored the players to their proper place and booted the idiots out of the league.

Great customer service. I have no doubt the pro leagues will be fair.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers