Yahoo FAAB setup question(s) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby oscar15 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I'll do my best to be brief.

Weekly H2H league Mon-Sun
I want all players to be on waivers Mon-Thur (no pick ups Mon-Thr)
I want FAAB to Process on Thur (process all waiver claims submitted Mon-Thr)
I want all players to be first come first serve Fri-Sun

If I can't do it, any suggestions on how I might get close to the above settings.

Thanks
oscar
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby Brainstorm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't think Yahoo will allow you to do that. You can do daily waivers with FAAB that go on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then no pickups Monday-Thursday.

The second you do daily waivers in any capacity, there's no first come, first serve. Hope this helps.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 527
(Past Year: 249)
Joined: 3 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby oscar15 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:43 am

Very helpful

thank you
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah, I think the suggestion above is as close as you're going to get within our game.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby oscar15 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Below are the setting I have for my league. Does this mean that when players are dropped by teams, or added by yahoo, they will be on waivers for 2 days and awarded to the top bidder; and all other players will remain free agents available first come first serve?

Thanks you


Time players are on waivers: 2 Days

Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Details

Waiver Mode:

StandardContinuous Details
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 am

oscar15 wrote:Below are the setting I have for my league. Does this mean that when players are dropped by teams, or added by yahoo, they will be on waivers for 2 days and awarded to the top bidder; and all other players will remain free agents available first come first serve?

Thanks you


Time players are on waivers: 2 Days

Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Details

Waiver Mode:

StandardContinuous Details

Can't really answer, as there is no waiver mode StandardContinuous :-) Those are your two choices, and I'm not sure which on you actually picked.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby oscar15 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
oscar15 wrote:Below are the setting I have for my league. Does this mean that when players are dropped by teams, or added by yahoo, they will be on waivers for 2 days and awarded to the top bidder; and all other players will remain free agents available first come first serve?

Thanks you


Time players are on waivers: 2 Days

Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Details

Waiver Mode:

StandardContinuous Details

Can't really answer, as there is no waiver mode StandardContinuous :-) Those are your two choices, and I'm not sure which on you actually picked.


Geez, I'm an idiot :-B . Copy and paste did not work
Waiver mode is Standard

thanks
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 567
(Past Year: 28)
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta

Re: Yahoo FAAB setup question(s)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 pm

oscar15 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
oscar15 wrote:Below are the setting I have for my league. Does this mean that when players are dropped by teams, or added by yahoo, they will be on waivers for 2 days and awarded to the top bidder; and all other players will remain free agents available first come first serve?

Thanks you


Time players are on waivers: 2 Days

Determine waiver priority by:

Continual rolling list FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak Details

Waiver Mode:

StandardContinuous Details

Can't really answer, as there is no waiver mode StandardContinuous :-) Those are your two choices, and I'm not sure which on you actually picked.


Geez, I'm an idiot :-B . Copy and paste did not work
Waiver mode is Standard

thanks

Yes. I believe your description is accurate. For the sake of completeness, if two teams tie for the highest bid on a player, the tiebreaker will be a rolling list. So when you win a tiebreaker, you go to the back of the line for future tiebreakers.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 42)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact