Lack of Prospects in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lack of Prospects in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lack of Prospects in Yahoo

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 pm

As a commissioner of a quasi-dynasty league on Yahoo (we keep 15 each season), it is very concerning to not see almost half of MLB.com's top 50 in the database. I have asked in numerous locations and have heard nary a peep for the last four days. We are considering assigning placeholder players for our draft. I am coming up with lists of guys like Tim Wood for Taijuan Walker...using crap players with similar initials.

Are there any other leagues coming up with contingencies? It looks like we may need 'em.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lack of Prospects in Yahoo

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:As a commissioner of a quasi-dynasty league on Yahoo (we keep 15 each season), it is very concerning to not see almost half of MLB.com's top 50 in the database. I have asked in numerous locations and have heard nary a peep for the last four days. We are considering assigning placeholder players for our draft. I am coming up with lists of guys like Tim Wood for Taijuan Walker...using crap players with similar initials.

Are there any other leagues coming up with contingencies? It looks like we may need 'em.

I'm hoping this is remedied in the near future as I am in the same place your are with one of my leagues. I suggust we just wait a little bit as Genie did state that their provider is supposed to input prospects into the Yahoo database at some point and hopefully soon.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 125)

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 am

They almost always add a bunch mid spring training and they do post them here most years.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Montana168 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am

They sure are taking their sweet old time adding prospects compared to prior years. However, they did add Aaron Hicks today!!!! }:-) ***sarcasm***
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

Montana168 wrote:They sure are taking their sweet old time adding prospects compared to prior years. However, they did add Aaron Hicks today!!!! }:-) ***sarcasm***

I think you meant to say, "Potential starting CF and fantasy sleeper Aaron Hicks."
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Montana168 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 am

daullaz wrote:
Montana168 wrote:They sure are taking their sweet old time adding prospects compared to prior years. However, they did add Aaron Hicks today!!!! }:-) ***sarcasm***

I think you meant to say, "Potential starting CF and fantasy sleeper Aaron Hicks."

lol yeah didn't mean it as a knock on Hicks as a potential sleeper prospect, meant it as a jab on Yahoo that people are complaining for lack of prospects added...So they add 1 prospect, haha. :-t
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 am

We said it before, we can say it again. We've requested our provider add a batch of prospects. I'd hope it would happen soon. We didn't add Hicks. We didn't ask for Hicks to be added, not that we have any objection. Hicks was added because our provider added him.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 am

Genie, is there someone else we should be taking our requests to? As a commish, I kind of need to know ASAP whether they will be in or not. If not, that is fine, I can deal with that. It is the not knowing that is going to create chaos for my league and other dynasty leagues.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Montana168 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Appreciate the input Genie. ;-D I don't buy the 'pass the blame' to the other provider argument though. Just because Yahoo is essentially sub-contracting the player pool out to another service provider, and that provider is not meeting deadlines, does not mean that Yahoo is not accountable for the product as a whole, including the player pool. Thus, customer groans about the player pools, and blaming Yahoo, are valid. :-D

Disclosure: comment made as a poke of fun at Yahoo, not trying to come off as nasty in that remark, and could see how it would come off that way if I didn't say that I don't mean it to come off that way...if that makes sense. !+)
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm not saying you can't be unhappy. I'm just saying that if I tell people what is going on, and then they say, "I wish I knew what was going on", I'm not sure how else to help.

Prospects will be added. I can't say which, or whether the guy any of you particularly want will be one of them.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers