10 teamer, 5 OF WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 teamer, 5 OF WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 teamer, 5 OF WHIR

Postby Bherman13 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:55 pm

First official draft of the year. 10 teamer. start 5 OFer, 1 of every other position and 2 UTIL. 3 SP, 2 RP and 3 P. Scoring is R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP and W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

Had the 2nd overall pick. Feel like I got A LOT of steals in this draft. Will include the round and overall pick of each player for advice on future drafts. Thanks guys!

C- Yadier Molina (10th, 99)
1B- Allen Craig (7th, 62 OF elig), Adam Laroche (18th, 179)
2B- Aaron Hill (9th, 82) Jose Altuve (17th, 162)
3B- Chase Headley (13th, 122) David Freese (15th, 142)
SS- Ian Desmond (8th, 79), JJ Hardy (23rd, 222), Erik Aybar(25th, 242)
OF- Ryan Braun (1st, 2) Jose Bautista (3rd, 22), Adam Jones (4th, 39), Austin Jackson (12th, 119), Carlos Gomez (14th, 139), Josh Willingham (16th, 159), Adam Eaton (24th, 239)
SP- Clayton Kershaw (2nd, 19), Matt Cain (5th, 42), CC Sabbathia (6th, 59), Kris Medlen (11th, 102 RP eligible), Lance Lynn (21st, 202), Jonathan Niese (22nd, 219)
RP- Jim Johnson (19th, 182) Huston Street (20th, 199)

Thoughts? Anyone I should throw on the trade block?
Bherman13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 teamer, 5 OF WHIR

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 am

My first thought is that there's no way this is an actual draft. But I believe you, and I think you have a hell of a team. Your pitching staff is stacked and I could honestly see you going 5-0 in those categories each week. Niese and Lynn were great late round pick-ups, as they have great potential to do well. Stacked OF, very fast middle infield. The only pick I'm not fond of is Allen Craig. I'm personally just not high on him.

As for trades, I'd throw CC and his big name on the block and see what you can get for him. If you could pick up a solid 1B or a ridiculous offer for CC, I think he's done his part for your team this year.

Good luck!
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 am

wow. Looks like you had luck and knowledge on your side, this is one hell of a stacked team. I understand it's a 10 man league but I don't see any major holes. You will have a big bat on your bench (I would start Altuve and Willingham at UT) which leaves LaRoche. Your OF and pitching depth will allow you to put together a good package for a need, but at this time I don't see you needing much. A third closer would help boost saves, so maybe a minor deal like Willingham for Romo or something along those lines would be nice. Target a team with extra closers in need of power and make an offer or sit tight and drop one of your extra SS's for a closer on the WW if one pops up.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby pjalst » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 am

I agree with one of the previous posters, you could do better at 1B. Also why do you need 3 3B's? I think you could do away with a couple of your backups a 2B,3B and SS and go with a Multi pos player like M. Young. That should give you some good pieces to trade for an upgrade. I would also look into adding another closer, Street likes to spend time on the DL.

Please help:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=454396
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby pjalst » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 am

I agree with one of the previous posters, you could do better at 1B. Also why do you need 3 3B's? I think you could do away with a couple of your backups a 2B,3B and SS and go with a Multi pos player like M. Young. That should give you some good pieces to trade for an upgrade. I would also look into adding another closer, Street likes to spend time on the DL.

Please help:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=454396
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby fsbarren » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Generally speaking, the only real area of concern other than 1B and closer might just be overall health, as a couple of guys have some minor-to-mid healthy issue pasts.

Definitely think closer is your weakest area (with 10 teams, that averages out to 3 closers per team, and Street going down is always a reasonable possibility). I wouldn't trade CC, but maybe Medlen if he gets off to a fast start in the first month or so. Or Medlen + Craig/LaRoche for an upgrade at 1B. Some guys are really high on Craig so there's that.

Good luck.
fsbarren
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 192)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team