Yahoo Question - designating keepers to draft picks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Question - designating keepers to draft picks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Question - designating keepers to draft picks

Postby converge241 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:02 am

Has anyone used this and actually setup your draft?

I wanted to play around with it to make sure it can do what I need before moving my league back over to Yahoo but as far as I can see it only lets you work this feature once all teams are in and team list is final. Unfortunately I need to see exactly how it works before I can invite everyone over.

My specific issue is in our system our top players basically cost 2 picks as a luxury tax, so team to team they may lose more picks than others.

Thx for any input

Worst case I can always make a dummy league with a few folks but would hate to have that out there if cant be delted
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Question - designating keepers to draft picks

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 pm

So as written we can't do what you've said, but I'm missing some detail.

Our custom draft order tool mostly lets you do whatever you want, with one caveat: when the dust clears, every team has to have the same number of picks, any of which may or may not be pre-populated with players. If you make a team give up two picks to keep one player, something has to give; if your league really does expect them to start the year down a player, then yeah, we can't help you. But if you just mean you want to shuffle the draft around so that they get that last guy at the end of the draft, we can do that. It is a pain, but it sounds like with the system you have in your league it will always be a pain for the commish to set up a custom draft order no matter what/where you do it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby converge241 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah we normally do an offline draft where this is easier to manuever but folks have moved out of state and its harder and harder to get the in state folks in person.

After I read you post and went back I noticed you could lock teams once 4 are in and start testing this, so I had some of them join up and I THINK it can be done..

If a team were to lose two picks for one keeper..I put a total dead guy in that other draft round spot so it acomplishes the same effect of blocking off two draft pick

Post draft they drop the dead guys that were placeholders and pick up BPA to complete their rosters

Once I got those 4 teams and locked teams to mock edit a draft order, I have to say the interface works REALLY well and I am 95% sure we are coming (back) to yahoo for this league. Folks if you need this done in your keeper league it looks great on Yahoo.

One question; when the draft commences will the draft just follow the set order or will it have the alert sound and show the player kept in that slot? Does not matter really just curious how that will go

Thanks!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

When the draft progresses to a pick that already has a keeper player slotted into it, the pick instantly happens, and is displayed in the chat box. The text there is slightly different; I forgot exactly what it says, but something like, "Honey Nut Ichiros picks Fu Te Ni as a keeper player"
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby converge241 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 am

Nice, like I said wouldnt matter either way but just was curious as to what to expect how it would go (and to inform the others as to what to expect visually). Thanks again!

Hope this helps as well for other folks going to keeper for 1st time or using Yahoo for keeper ;-D
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner