100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics N00bs

Draft Discussion

Moderators: BChinly, sportsguy138

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:42 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:.

Since some had seen the name drop and some probably didn't, to be fair, Rondon was the name that was dropped in this post.

Maybe not dropped as fast as his stock is falling though. ZING Ok, that's the last (and only) time I do that. :-D
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dannahann » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:.

Since some had seen the name drop and some probably didn't, to be fair, Rondon was the name that was dropped in this post.

Maybe not dropped as fast as his stock is falling though. ZING Ok, that's the last (and only) time I do that. :-D

Biggest concern for what might be the strongest team in the AL. Totally unnecessary too. Don't think Valverde fixes things either. They need to nail down the 9th inning if even just for the sake of the team feeling more confident.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 pm

In Cafeholics Masters :

"A question about our in-season waivers and Yahoo settings - I know we aren't able to draft players who have no MLB experience, even if they're on a roster. Shouldn't that be the same for claiming someone on waivers? If so, our Yahoo settings for "New Players Become Available" should be "Wait until called up to Majors", right?"

I'm wondering if Y's Guy's pick is invalid. Waiting for a response from somebody from the masters league.

Just a heads up Y's Guy. Not sure I see anything about not being able to draft players who have no MLB experience in league settings is all...
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:In Cafeholics Masters :

"A question about our in-season waivers and Yahoo settings - I know we aren't able to draft players who have no MLB experience, even if they're on a roster. Shouldn't that be the same for claiming someone on waivers? If so, our Yahoo settings for "New Players Become Available" should be "Wait until called up to Majors", right?"

I'm wondering if Y's Guy's pick is invalid. Waiting for a response from somebody from the masters league.

Just a heads up Y's Guy. Not sure I see anything about not being able to draft players who have no MLB experience in league settings is all...

If this is the case then there are a few other players that would also be invalid. Wil Myers and Adam Eaton for example.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

CyboNinja wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:In Cafeholics Masters :

If this is the case then there are a few other players that would also be invalid. Wil Myers and Adam Eaton for example.

Eaton actually has "some" major league experience. This is referring to no MLB experience. I just got a pm about a big ago and was confused about it some what. We need clarification before we can continue on... and for that I have locked the rounds thread.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Honestly, that whole rule seems like a huge unnecessary cluster to me. Who cares is a dude drafts a minor leaguer who won't be right up? The very fact that in any of these leagues anyone has to pause and decide if a guy who might start the season closing for a great club is actually draftable makes the whole idea ridiculous IMO. We all have out big boy pants on here, I say let people draft anyone available from the provider.

And any league that I can't draft Eaton is probably broken. Just saying. I'm sure intentions were good here, but the reality is pretty untenable. Eaton is long gone in the Scum draft - are we going to reverse engineer the whole draft? Or worse, take away a player drafted in good faith from a guy in a premier Cafe league? Those don't sound like good answers to me. :-t
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 pm

I don't think its like that though. As I recall last season Yu Darvish and Bryce Harper were both drafted without any MLB experience. Unless they changed the rules about it (which is possible as we're no longer aloud to trade draft picks).
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Honestly, that whole rule seems like a huge unnecessary cluster to me. Who cares is a dude drafts a minor leaguer who won't be right up? The very fact that in any of these leagues anyone has to pause and decide if a guy who might start the season closing for a great club is actually draftable makes the whole idea ridiculous IMO. We all have out big boy pants on here, I say let people draft anyone available from the provider.

And any league that I can't draft Eaton is probably broken. Just saying. I'm sure intentions were good here, but the reality is pretty untenable. Eaton is long gone in the Scum draft - are we going to reverse engineer the whole draft? Or worse, take away a player drafted in good faith from a guy in a premier Cafe league? Those don't sound like good answers to me. :-t

We're trying to be consistent across the board in all three leagues. Again, I just want clarification. Not saying it's right, or wrong. I'm not the one that would, "call the shots" in this spot as to what should happen in the Myers case or with Y's Guy's selection. I was not aware of this rule as I was just notified a little bit ago about it by someone in Masters as to what should happen in regards to Waivers. When I looked into it a bit more I was confused.

Just need someone to clarify.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm not in the business of pointing fingers, so no worries on that score. I get that the league management for this cafe set-up is voluntary (and well appreciated). I just think it starts to sound odd when first shot closers and prime starting OF prospects might not be available to draft.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Kaiser :

We discussed it in the Masters League draft settings thread before we began. I do not know if it was clarified in Pond Scum or N00bs.

My understanding is that it has been run that way in years past, and so most league members are already familiar with that rule. I won Pond Scum last year, but I don't recall discussion about it before that draft. There may have been... I just don't recall it.

Chris8 might be able to add more to this discussion. All parties should keep in mind that the mods and commissioners for these leagues have voluntarily assumed those roles, in order to ensure that these annual leagues continued this year. Some of us (myself, specifically,) are serving in this capacity for the first time. Errors may be made along the way...

I would simply tell Y's guy that the standard in these leagues has always been that anyone who did not play in the major leagues last season is not eligible for the draft, and must instead be acquired through the waivers process once the season has begun. Suspend the draft until he can make another pick, and resume it after clarifying this rule with all members of the league.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafeholics N00bs