Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics N00bs

Draft Discussion

Moderators: BChinly, sportsguy138

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby BChinly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Uggghhh I thought I'd be able to make my pick by the time I got to class!!!
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Izenhart wrote:
TheGhost wrote:Anyone have a lead on a good ADP chart that I can print out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/player_rankings.php R.J. White's sheet is a good one, and he shows each pick with a + or - relative to the consensus ADP, which helps with tough decision making.

I'd just copy/paste the whole thing into notepad or excel and fix it up so it's printer friendly and easy on the eyes.

Thanks dude! ;-D
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby TheGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

An issue came up in another league I'm in regarding whether or not to start 2 catchers. I'm just curious if any of you have any thoughts on the pros and cons of this issue? Thanks.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BChinly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 pm

TheGhost wrote:An issue came up in another league I'm in regarding whether or not to start 2 catchers. I'm just curious if any of you have any thoughts on the pros and cons of this issue? Thanks.

In a two catcher league or in a utility spot? sorry I edited instead of quoted lol
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm

BChinly wrote:
TheGhost wrote:An issue came up in another league I'm in regarding whether or not to start 2 catchers. I'm just curious if any of you have any thoughts on the pros and cons of this issue? Thanks.

In a two catcher league or in a utility spot? sorry I edited instead of quoted lol

I'm talking about a league that has two catcher spots.
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BChinly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

hmmm I've never thought of the possibility of just leaving a C spot blank, it depends on the Catcher's average, I guess that would be the only thing that leaving the position empty would add to your team. I would rather get 45 more runs and 5-10 home runs and 45 Rbi's and have the downside of a .225-2.40 average

(sorry for some reason I keep hitting edit instead of quote lol not used to these Mod controls)
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BChinly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Izenhart wrote:
TheGhost wrote:Anyone have a lead on a good ADP chart that I can print out?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/player_rankings.php R.J. White's sheet is a good one, and he shows each pick with a + or - relative to the consensus ADP, which helps with tough decision making.

I'd just copy/paste the whole thing into notepad or excel and fix it up so it's printer friendly and easy on the eyes.

The fact that Prado is for some reason ranked in the 180s made me hesitant to select him
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Izenhart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

TheGhost wrote:I'm talking about a league that has two catcher spots.

I think that's only a decision you make if your last pick is supposed to fill a C but you don't see any left, yet you see this hot prospect that hasn't been drafted and could upgrade one of your weakest positions. Best case it pans out sooner than later so you can drop that terrible SS and fill that empty C slot with someone who comes out of the woodwork. I can see the upside of trying it for a short period, but I don't see it being a feasible option for the entire season.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

Postby TheGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

BChinly wrote:hmmm I've never thought of the possibility of just leaving a C spot blank, it depends on the Catcher's average, I guess that would be the only thing that leaving the position empty would add to your team. I would rather get 45 more runs and 5-10 home runs and 45 Rbi's and have the downside of a .225-2.40 average

(sorry for some reason I keep hitting edit instead of quote lol not used to these Mod controls)

I don't think you're following me or I'm completely blowing the wording on this topic. I'll try again. Some leagues start one catcher. Other leagues start two catchers. A leagues roster that starts one catcher would look something like this:

C:
1B:
2B:
3B:
SS:
OF:
OF:
OF:
UTL:

A league that starts two catchers would look something like this:

C:
C:
1B:
2B:
3B:
SS:
OF:
OF:
OF:
UTL:

Tjhe difference being that one league starts one catcher and the other league starts two catchers. I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are of the one catcher system versus the two catcher system. What is the thinking behind the two starting catcher system in the first place? :-° :-D
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Izenhart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

TheGhost wrote:Tjhe difference being that one league starts one catcher and the other league starts two catchers. I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are of the one catcher system versus the two catcher system. What is the thinking behind the two starting catcher system in the first place? :-° :-D

Personal preference, why pick two of the weakest position when you only pick one and a half of the others? Some people like the added depth of a 2 C league, it changes the complexity of the draft.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 293)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafeholics N00bs