Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum

Draft Discussion

Moderators: chris8, ayebatter

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

I have Mookie's staff at $18 more in value but I gave him a $0 for Erasmo assuming he can get replacement level out of the slot instead of my actual value for him which is negative. Just to throw a 3rd party projection into the picture for you~. Ayebatter looks more like a staff I would draft though, he just fell apart for me late because I don't like Harrison or Wandy nearly as much as he does.

I would rather have Cichek and Balfour as well but it is close.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Ender wrote:I have Mookie's staff at $18 more in value but I gave him a $0 for Erasmo assuming he can get replacement level out of the slot instead of my actual value for him which is negative. Just to throw a 3rd party projection into the picture for you~. Ayebatter looks more like a staff I would draft though, he just fell apart for me late because I don't like Harrison or Wandy nearly as much as he does.

I would rather have Cichek and Balfour as well but it is close.

That's the thing about pitchers James McDonald doesn't get drafted because he has negative value but he was top 10 the first half of the season with 8 wins 2.45 era and a 1 whip but then fell off a cliff. So with the late rounders its not so much who you own but when you own them. I can guarantee that not all of my late rounders will be on my team at the end of the year and I will be trying to ride a Skaggs or Pomeranz hot streak at some point.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Ender wrote:I would rather have Cichek and Balfour as well but it is close.

Really? How many opps is Cishek going to get and he's just not good.
Balfour is more likely to get traded than Perez and Street and Perez have more of a track record. My guys will prob get about 20 saves more.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Wow. I would love to know what you project for Matt Harvey and why you think that he will fall on his face.

I plan on two of Ramirez, Gonzalez and Iwakuma to be solid starters this year but they are all droppable if there is something better out there. They were my last round picks.

Harvey is Felix Doubrout a 160 inning high K poor control arm, at least for 2013.

And I understand that you'll have the ability to drop players and fill the holes as the season progresses but we're not there yet.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

I thought Cishek was quite solid last year, and I don't think 20 saves is out of the question for anyone on any team who keeps the job the whole year. He just has to keep the job for the season and not turn into a pumpkin. Same kind of gamble as Brett Myers from last year, except without all the baggage.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby jfg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:51 pm

I like the Harvey pick, he was one of the few pitchers at the tail end of the draft that I felt comfortable being on my team in place of a reliever. I'm surprised I was the only one who went the setup man route.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:\5 - DasHizz - Michael Saunders is a good Canadian boy

I plan on dropping a replacement level C for yet another Canadian
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

Balfour is more likely to get traded than Perez and Street and Perez have more of a track record. My guys will prob get about 20 saves more.

He will get at least 35 opportunities if he keeps the job all year, bad teams still win games. I don't trust Perez and have him rated lowest of the bunch and Street always gets hurt so to me you have 4 somewhat untrustworthy closers in the mix here. I just like the stats of the Balfour side better. But like I said it is close, those kind of RP are all worth about the same.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby ayebatter » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:18 pm

jfg wrote:I like the Harvey pick, he was one of the few pitchers at the tail end of the draft that I felt comfortable being on my team

I hear Felix Doubront is available. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Previous

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum