Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum

Draft Discussion

Moderators: chris8, ayebatter

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby GardnerRunsRampant » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

kaiser wrote:But if the Nats win 120 I'll eat Prince Fielder's jock.

I'm going to hold you to that :-D
GardnerRunsRampant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Medlen was a legit sleeper last year, he just needed to find the job. He is going too early this year but he is still a good pitcher regardless. I would have guessed the Gordon thing, he is awesome in points leagues because of all the doubles.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby ayebatter » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
J35J wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:I don't know, I kind of like the rule. It probably doesn't change anything, but I'd be super ticked if, for example, someone took a R-Zim at the beginning of the round then spent the rest of the day going "Hey you know who's good? PABLO SANDOVAL. He's being really underrated because of X,Y,Z reasons, yes PABLO SANDOVAL sure deserves to get picked. Also, PABLO SANDOVAL." - and then Sandoval gets picked right before I'm up.

Irrational, but that would feel super shitty. When you're hoping a player will drop, the last thing you want is for someone to shine a spotlight on them.

Yup, while most people in these drafts know plenty, I'm sure there are still occasions around this point and later in the draft where you may be eyeing a couple of players but a few other people start talking up a different guy entirely and it sways your thinking.

Don't you think that's fun to try to sway somebody's opinion? In my NL only auction that I've been in for over 10 years half of the fun is throwing out stats when the bidding slows down or talking up the rookies.

The info is all there already. Just read the under appreciated veterans thread or check out the guys drafted in the other cafeholic leagues.

Oh and William are you suggesting that I am instigating or trolling? ;-) doesn't sound like me.

Also that's pretty rich from a guy who's not even in this league but likes to stop by every once in a while to drop a bomb. ;). Love you too William.

I know there were other posts I wanted to respond to but damn this is hard to do on my cell phone.

I need all of the prompting I can get I've been doing 4 drafts at the same time and they're all running together and I can't remember who hasn't been taken where. :*) Like how in the hell did I miss Anibal Sanchez here. :^
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1364)

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 pm

I need all of the prompting I can get I've been doing 4 drafts at the same time and they're all running together and I can't remember who hasn't been taken where. :*) Like how in the hell did I miss Anibal Sanchez here.

I was going to take him with my pick too, seems he slipped a good bit from where I've seen him in other drafts.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 pm

And finally a player I have been targeting falls in my lap! I had been eyeing him since my rd 12 pick. Glad he fell!
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 pm

this is the turn that i been waiting for! Machado and Marte!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:this is the turn that i been waiting for! Machado and Marte!

A little happy aren't we?

Nice upside assuming they will actually come into their own this season...They will suffice for sure, but doubt they will reach their (fantasy) potential this season.
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 pm

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:And finally a player I have been targeting falls in my lap! I had been eyeing him since my rd 12 pick. Glad he fell!

Funny. I had originally marked off my turn as Sanchez and Aybar but changed my mind on Aybar at the last minute because I got info on Morneau looking really good this spring. You picked the same two guys I was targeting.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jfg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 pm

I like the Morneau pick. Even if he's just a little bit better than last year, that's still not bad for a 14th rd pick.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby jfg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Some other people should chime in the noobs board. Their replacing an owner and as far as I can tell he's broken the 12 hour rule once. He's held them up at times, but he's not breaking the rules.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum