Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum

Draft Discussion

Moderators: chris8, ayebatter

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm

chris8 wrote:For info:

Izenhart has been keeping an ADP from all three leagues, and has provided this link for those who want to follow it.

A few things jump out at me from this list (beside the fact that I've been reaching a bit and nobody but me likes Kendrys or Jeter).

wtf are people doing picking Longoria at 14!?!?! He's more valuable than every pitcher. Wow. Most overrated player ever.

People are really waiting on pitchers. #1 aces were being taken in the 6th and 7th.
If people are waiting on pitchers they are asleep on closers. In previous years these leagues would be well into the runs. And is Kimbrel really five rounds better than the second ranked closer?

CI is soooo deep. OF is historically shallow.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:wtf are people doing picking Longoria at 14!?!?! He's more valuable than every pitcher. Wow. Most overrated player ever.

Yes I would like to buy a ticket to the movie that explains this phenomenon.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:is Kimbrel really five rounds better than the second ranked closer?

Yes. The ratios are insane and he has at least 15-20 K's on the any other closer.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby GardnerRunsRampant » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:is Kimbrel really five rounds better than the second ranked closer?

Yes. The ratios are insane and he has at least 15-20 K's on the any other closer.

This B-) I've got him projected for: 4 wins, 39 saves, 108K, and 9th best out of all pitchers in xERA (contribution to era category), 13th best out of all pitchers in xWHIP.

If he can come close to last year he'll definitely be worth his draft position. Course asking him to repeat is a very tall order, so the pick comes with certain risk. I mean his past season was historic.
GardnerRunsRampant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:08 pm

I think it's funny that the player most argued over in this thread (Gordon) was taken at almost exactly the same point in each draft.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 70)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 pm

jackie hayes wrote:I think it's funny that the player most argued over in this thread (Gordon) was taken at almost exactly the same point in each draft.

Which I guess means he didn't fall at all but landed at the place where he should have gone or so based on a small sample size of public opinion. Either way, no one will likely be swayed on whether he's worthy or not from that list.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:I think it's funny that the player most argued over in this thread (Gordon) was taken at almost exactly the same point in each draft.

Which I guess means he didn't fall at all but landed at the place where he should have gone or so based on a small sample size of public opinion. Either way, no one will likely be swayed on whether he's worthy or not from that list.

All true. I wasn't trying to make a point, I just thought it was amusing how consistent that slot was, given the widely varying opinions here.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 70)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm

jackie hayes wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:

All true. I wasn't trying to make a point, I just thought it was amusing how consistent that slot was, given the widely varying opinions here.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant, though in case someone wanted to start 'Gordon Round 2' I was READY.

By the way, I was quietly hoping Ethier would just keep falling and falling. What is he, dull as dirt? Kinda like that guy as a 4 category support piece.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:Which I guess means he didn't fall at all but landed at the place where he should have gone or so based on a small sample size of public opinion. Either way, no one will likely be swayed on whether he's worthy or not from that list.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant, though in case someone wanted to start 'Gordon Round 2' I was READY.

By the way, I was quietly hoping Ethier would just keep falling and falling. What is he, dull as dirt? Kinda like that guy as a 4 category support piece.

Well I kept on waiting on him to keep falling and figured at this point, I would kick myself if I did not take him. I think he has a lot of upside hitting in that LA lineup. He may not be what he once was, but still a nice contributor.
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Ender » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Personally I was praying Moustakas lasted for my pick because the CI market is kinda bleak. I have double digit OF still that I'd be more than happy with. OF is really really deep this year, CI is pretty normal.

In my 12 team league with only 2 bench slots Ethier didn't get drafted even for $1. I think it might just be that he is moving down in the lineup or people are tired of the injuries or something. I might end up picking him up at some point in that league.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum