Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum

Draft Discussion

Moderators: chris8, ayebatter

Draft Discussion

Postby chris8 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 am

Use this thread for discussion about the draft. As per usual with these threads, please don't mention names of undrafted players! Thank you!

Again, as per usual, we will allow 12 hours for a pick to be made, at least in the early stages. If time is pressing as the draft progresses, we made need to shorten that window.

Please remember to PM the person after you when you have made your pick, and if you are going to be away for a while, then send a list of your choices to someone else, so we can keep the draft ticking along. Thanks ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby J35J » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm offering my services of making a pick for anyone who goes past the 12 hour mark, or if you need to pass of picks because you will be a way from a computer for a while, whatever. If anything is needed from an outside/unbiased party, feel free to ask. Good luck guys! ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby chris8 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 am

J35J wrote:I'm offering my services of making a pick for anyone who goes past the 12 hour mark, or if you need to pass of picks because you will be a way from a computer for a while, whatever. If anything is needed from an outside/unbiased party, feel free to ask. Good luck guys! ;-D

Sweet, many thanks ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby chris8 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

We're just waiting for one or two to check in, and then we'll be ready to start.

The official 12-hour timer will start midnight Fri/Sat this week, but if you are ready to make your pick before then, go ahead and do so.

Best of luck! ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Jesus, I need to get my baseball shizz together. I guess that gives me three days to get draft ready though, which isn't any worse than cramming for a final.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby chris8 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Jesus, I need to get my baseball shizz together. I guess that gives me three days to get draft ready though, which isn't any worse than cramming for a final.

You're not alone in that! All my baseball prep so far has been a) getting this sorted, and b) figuring out Minor League draft picks in my dynasty league. Now I need to get my head round a "normal" baseball draft!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:03 pm

chris8 wrote:You're not alone in that! All my baseball prep so far has been a) getting this sorted, and b) figuring out Minor League draft picks in my dynasty league. Now I need to get my head round a "normal" baseball draft!

I've done some desultory reading, but nothing like real draft prep. I've been hammering away at way too may hoops leagues this year and just didn't get started as early as I normally do. I should have a multi-page, colour-coded, link-enabled, pro-approved spread sheet by friday though. Provided my wife doesn't kill me first for spending exactly every spare moment pouring over stats and color coding spread sheet tabs. :-b

If you don't hear from from me it's because my wife finally broke and I'm buried in the back yard, next to the cat. ;-D
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm here and I don't think that I can go wrong with the first overall pick.
Troutmania is going to rule in Toronto.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby jfg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Didn't expect to start so soon, but that's cool, hopefully it's a sign of a fast moving draft.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby chris8 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 pm

jfg wrote:Didn't expect to start so soon, but that's cool, hopefully it's a sign of a fast moving draft.

Amen to that!

Easy choice for me at #3. There are a clear top 3 in most people's minds this year - so it was always going to be whichever one didn't go in the top 2.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to 2013 Cafeholics Pond Scum