Dumping Ellsbury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dumping Ellsbury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dumping Ellsbury

Postby stlcards02 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:29 pm

So, keeper lock date is in 9 days and I'm trying to find a way to dump Ellsbury. Going through a couple of options that I'm pretty sure will be available. A little background on our league: 20-team, pts based league. We keep 8. Points are straight forward except for QS instead of W's, and SB's are worth 3, K's -0.5.Here' are the options:

Trade Ellsbury for Goldschmidt straight up

Trade Ellsbury and Andrus for Kinsler

I'm a big fan of Goldscmhidt, as I'm sure a bunch of people are, so I may prefer him to Ellsbury anyway. But that would require me to dump Andrus back into the draft as he is the last one in on my keepers. Getting Kinlser shores up 2B, so I think that benefits me as well. For comparison sake on scoring, Ellsbury is projected at 630 pts(4.9 avg), Goldschmidt at 640(4.3) and Kinsler at 710(4.7). I guess either way I'm destined to lose Andrus as I'd keep Ellsbury due to potential value. Thoughts?

My Keepers: Kershaw, Darvish, Longoria, Encarncion, Bruce, Adam Jones, Holliday, 1 open slot
stlcards02
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dumping Ellsbury

Postby onitapgr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 pm

stlcards02 wrote:So, keeper lock date is in 9 days and I'm trying to find a way to dump Ellsbury. Going through a couple of options that I'm pretty sure will be available. A little background on our league: 20-team, pts based league. We keep 8. Points are straight forward except for QS instead of W's, and SB's are worth 3, K's -0.5.Here' are the options:

Trade Ellsbury for Goldschmidt straight up

Trade Ellsbury and Andrus for Kinsler

I'm a big fan of Goldscmhidt, as I'm sure a bunch of people are, so I may prefer him to Ellsbury anyway. But that would require me to dump Andrus back into the draft as he is the last one in on my keepers. Getting Kinlser shores up 2B, so I think that benefits me as well. For comparison sake on scoring, Ellsbury is projected at 630 pts(4.9 avg), Goldschmidt at 640(4.3) and Kinsler at 710(4.7). I guess either way I'm destined to lose Andrus as I'd keep Ellsbury due to potential value. Thoughts?

My Keepers: Kershaw, Darvish, Longoria, Encarncion, Bruce, Adam Jones, Holliday, 1 open slot

I'd keep Ellsbury
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Dumping Ellsbury

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am

I kinda like the Kinsler trade since it upgrades your team. You have enough OF.
Can you move Holliday instead? He's a year or two older.
I'd package Holliday and something (not keeper) for his Kinsler and keep Andrus as your last spot.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1920)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions