Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Waiver Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Waiver Help

Postby daullaz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

jsphlly wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
jsphlly wrote:
Genie -- I want all non-rostered players to be on waivers 100% of the time and I want waiver claims (FAAB) to process sunday and thursday. What time period do I want here? The Yahoo! help section regarding FAAB makes me think the time period is irrelevant?

This is exactly what I addressed in my previous post heh... you didn't give enough information for me to answer your question. Suppose a guy is dropped last Saturday night. Do you want him to be claimable in the Sunday morning claims?

I want every single non-owned player to be claimable/bid-able when waivers process, regardless of when they were dropped. I also do not want anyone on "free-agent", only waivers.

By selecting Continuous, you've accomplished that, regardless of what you set the waiver time as.

But, sometimes players are dropped by their teams and placed on waivers without another guy being added. This could be due to trade balancing, IR activation, or even just because the owner wants a player off his team ASAP for whatever reason, for example. Like Genie says, that means that a player dropped late Saturday night could be claimed by whomever is around to see the move between the time of the drop and when waivers process if you set the waiver time as 0.

It could also even include players being added to the database by Yahoo, though I couldn't tell you when that happens and/or if the player additions and waiver processes are done simultaneously. If, for example, player additions to the database are done at 4 a.m. and waivers are processed at 5 a.m., that gives the person who checks in between 4 and 5 a shot at a player most of the league won't see is available.

If you want those guys dropped by teams to be available to be added on the very next day that waivers process, select 0. This sounds like what you want.

If you want everyone to get a day (or more) to see that a player has reached waivers, select 1 (or more).
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jsphlly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Thank you everyone, I think my small chimp brain gets it now.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby oscar15 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Great discussion and thanks Genie

It can be confusing

If you want players to be available ONLY when waivers process select "continuous waivers" (Free Agents eliminated from your league)

If you want to enforce a waiting period select X number of days for waiting period.

Do I have it? Is this the best way to eliminate "first come first serve"?

I have not played around with the settings because I do not want to mess anything up.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby GTW » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Quick question about continuous waivers and when roster changes are allowed.

I'd like to customize my league so that all players are always on waivers [set to continuous waivers], but I'd like waivers to be processed every night [selected all 7 days].

The problem I ran into was when I remembered our league has always used the Daily - tomorrow roster change rules. Since streaming isn't frowned upon in our league we'd like to be able to start players that processed through waivers on the same day [set to Daily - today].

But then I read if you use Daily - today you can only pick a player up 5 or more minutes before their game. Am I correct in assuming that only applies to free agents and since all our league's players are all on waivers I'd be able to waiver them at any time of the day?

Apologies if this was already asked. I tried to break it down so that others with the same interest have a guide to follow.
GTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers