Yahoo Waiver Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Waiver Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Waiver Help

Postby jsphlly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am

Attempting to set up a H2H league where all available players are on waivers at all times and the waivers process twice a week (Sunday and Thursday)

I chose continuous waivers, and chose them to process on those days. My waiver type is "FAAB"

What I'm confused about is waiver time. Does this even matter if I have it set to FAAB and set to process Sun/Thurs? Do I want to make it at least 4 days?

I just don't want it to process Sun, then end up with managers making free agent adds on Wednesday?

Any help greatly appreciated.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Waiver Help

Postby daullaz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm

jsphlly wrote:Attempting to set up a H2H league where all available players are on waivers at all times and the waivers process twice a week (Sunday and Thursday)

I chose continuous waivers, and chose them to process on those days. My waiver type is "FAAB"

What I'm confused about is waiver time. Does this even matter if I have it set to FAAB and set to process Sun/Thurs? Do I want to make it at least 4 days?

I just don't want it to process Sun, then end up with managers making free agent adds on Wednesday?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I actually would think you'd want to do the opposite. Though I could be wrong, I'm thinking that the waiver time you're setting lets you know how long dropped players will be on waivers. Genie may correct me on this, but I think if you set it to 4 days, a player that's dropped Tuesday will not be available for the Thursday waiver process, as his time on waivers runs to Saturday. He should then remain on waivers (since you're selecting continuous) and be available for the Sunday process.

If you'd like dropped players to be available for the earliest possible process day, I would make your waiver time as short as possible.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby oscar15 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm

I will be watching this thread very closely....because this is exactly what I want to do...except have only one processing day each week (Thursday)
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 25)

Postby jsphlly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Found this in Yahoo help

Continuous: Yahoo! Sports recently introduced this setting to Fantasy Football, mainly for the benefit of FAAB leagues that didn't want teams to be able to pick up players without them being subject to a bidding process. With this setting, unowned players always will be on waivers, with a commissioner selecting on which dates (from once a week to daily)waiver claims will process in their league.

I assume if I choose this, the waiver period time (2 days, 3 days) is irrelevant? They should actually make the drop down go away if you choose FAAB I'm thinking?
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby oscar15 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Found this in another thread:

Re: Yahoo is OPEN! Here are some...interesting projections
by oscar15 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:02 pm

GRIN wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:
I have a question that maybe only the Genie can answer.
I see one of the new changes in yahoo is this..
Continuous Waivers
Set all unowned players to be on waivers at all times and eliminate free agents

what specifically does this mean?
does this mean all players are in waiver priority, and you have to put in a waiver priority for everyone, and then wait the what 1-2 days for it to go through?
that really sucks! I personally had many many times where I would pick up a player I wanted the day before.
this change sucks, this sucks for streaming!

It's a commissioner option only dude
Search for Continuous Waivers in Yahoo Help and it will tell you all about it

Great feature! So, if I want to use FAAB for my weekly h2h league, and process waivers once or twice a week; I would set my league for continuous waivers. Is that correct?
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 25)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 pm

The waiver time is the minimum amount of time a dropped guy is guaranteed to be on waivers. This has meaning even within Continuous Waivers. Suppose you clear waivers on Sunday. If someone drops a player very late Saturday night, do you want him to be available to be claimed a few hours later when the Sunday waivers run? The answer to the question tells you how to set the waiver time. In the example I gave, the guy won't be available Sunday morning unless you set the waiver time to 0 days.

I'd think the general spirit of Continuous Waivers is that there is no "racing" to pick up a player. Everyone gets a fair shot to realize he's available and interesting and put in a claim. If this is your philosophy, then you probably want at least a few days waiver time to avoid managers getting blindsided by a guy who is dropped close to the waiver clear day. Make sense?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby jsphlly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:The waiver time is the minimum amount of time a dropped guy is guaranteed to be on waivers. This has meaning even within Continuous Waivers. Suppose you clear waivers on Sunday. If someone drops a player very late Saturday night, do you want him to be available to be claimed a few hours later when the Sunday waivers run? The answer to the question tells you how to set the waiver time. In the example I gave, the guy won't be available Sunday morning unless you set the waiver time to 0 days.

I'd think the general spirit of Continuous Waivers is that there is no "racing" to pick up a player. Everyone gets a fair shot to realize he's available and interesting and put in a claim. If this is your philosophy, then you probably want at least a few days waiver time to avoid managers getting blindsided by a guy who is dropped close to the waiver clear day. Make sense?

Genie -- I want all non-rostered players to be on waivers 100% of the time and I want waiver claims (FAAB) to process sunday and thursday. What time period do I want here? The Yahoo! help section regarding FAAB makes me think the time period is irrelevant?
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

jsphlly wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:The waiver time is the minimum amount of time a dropped guy is guaranteed to be on waivers. This has meaning even within Continuous Waivers. Suppose you clear waivers on Sunday. If someone drops a player very late Saturday night, do you want him to be available to be claimed a few hours later when the Sunday waivers run? The answer to the question tells you how to set the waiver time. In the example I gave, the guy won't be available Sunday morning unless you set the waiver time to 0 days.

Genie -- I want all non-rostered players to be on waivers 100% of the time and I want waiver claims (FAAB) to process sunday and thursday. What time period do I want here? The Yahoo! help section regarding FAAB makes me think the time period is irrelevant?

This is exactly what I addressed in my previous post heh... you didn't give enough information for me to answer your question. Suppose a guy is dropped last Saturday night. Do you want him to be claimable in the Sunday morning claims?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby jsphlly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
jsphlly wrote:

This is exactly what I addressed in my previous post heh... you didn't give enough information for me to answer your question. Suppose a guy is dropped last Saturday night. Do you want him to be claimable in the Sunday morning claims?

I want every single non-owned player to be claimable/bid-able when waivers process, regardless of when they were dropped. I also do not want anyone on "free-agent", only waivers.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Brainstorm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Select continuous waivers and click the boxes for the days you want claims to process. Players will constantly be on waivers and then come off only to process claims then go back on. Put time on waivers to 0 days
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers