BaseballNotebook Closes- Other projection services/websites? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BaseballNotebook Closes- Other projection services/websites?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BaseballNotebook Closes- Other projection services/websites?

Postby lbbaseball14 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey guys,

Long time member of the cafe looking for some insight here. I have played fantasy baseball since 2003 and have been a member of the Cafe since 2004. The cafe eventually led me to a projection website called "BaseballNotebook", which was ran by David Luciani. I have subscribed to his service for the past 3 or 4 seasons and, while his projections were not without fault, I have finished in the Top 3 every year since using his projections.

When visiting the BaseballNotebook website recently, I found out that BaseballNotebook has closed. I'm not panicking about no longer having their projections, but I need to find another projection website/service that will allow me to create custom rankings like Baseball Notebook did. For instance, I only play Roto and their service allowed me to create custom rankings using Baseball Notebook's projections based on my league roster and league settings.

To sum up, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping that the Cafe can help me out with.

1) Have any of you used BaseballNotebook? If you have, what is your plan for the upcoming season and what resources/websites do you plan on using now that they have closed?
2) If you have not used BaseballNotebook, what fantasy baseball projection services do current members of the cafe subscribe to? What level of success have you had with the current service that you are using?

I know there are plenty of free resources available but I liked how his projections factored in age, ballpark, injury history, etc and Im hoping to find something similar. All feedback is welcome and good luck to everyone during the upcoming season!
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BaseballNotebook Closes- Other projection services/websi

Postby redsoxflyfishr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 am

I used baseball notebook back in 2006 or 2007. I thought it was a decent projection service. Since then I have gotten baseball forecaster for all of my projections. Forecaster doesn't have any software or anything you can use to customize to your league settings but I think it's one of the best projection/analysis tools available. I did use Fantistics one year and I thought it was pretty good. It's a projection program that you can customize according to your league settings, much like baseball notebook. I actually think Fantistics was much better than notebook. Overall I still think Forecaster is the best tool. However, if you are looking for some type of spreadsheet based system that you can use to customize according to your league then forecaster may not be what you are looking for.
redsoxflyfishr
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Re: BaseballNotebook Closes- Other projection services/websi

Postby spydog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:18 am

Rotochamp is perfect if you are looking for projections and software. They have 5 projection sets right now within the software (Rotochamp, CAIRO, FanGraphs, Steamer, and a composite set). They had ZIPS last year, but so far it isn't included. Plus, the software allows you to enter your league configuration and it will give you valuations based on your custom league. You can edit the projections and it will update the values based on the new projections. I converted from Fantistics to Rotochamp.
spydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers